Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folkes!

Just bought a 2005 SLK 280 on Thursday and it is one of the best cars I've ever driven.

The front plastic grille between the bonnet and the bumper is a bit cracked where it bolts on to the body. You can't see it from the outside but I know it's there. Can you tell me of a source for this part in the UK? I emailed Mercedes at Tamworth to get the official part price, but if I can save a couple of quid that'd be nice :)

·
Registered--In between SLK's
15,227 Posts
Hi from a lovely sunny top down day in London,

Congrats on the car, sorry can thelp with the part, i'm sure someone will be along soon to help

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Perhaps post a foto of the damaged part. It may be far cheaper to repair than replace (as you say it's not visible outside).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello form the Isle of Wight.

280 - good choice.

No idea on the part. You'll have to keep a look out for one that's been rear-ended - or perhaps more likeley has an offside impact on the form that leaves the bit you want undamaged.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome from sunny Manchester.
Far too warm to be stuck inside in front of this computer, and not outside in the merc with the top down!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts