Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will dropped off at body shop for new fenders that came in from Poland or Holland can’t remember and relocating turn signals into wheel wells going with red. Using 4x4 led red rock crawler lights and wiring into turn signal. Mounting one in each wheel well so they will light up and blink red when turn signals are activated. Should look pretty cool at night.
Just got in the new 18” rims and offset low profile tire for when I get it back in a week. Have SL GROUND EFFECT BEING CARBON WRAPPED. Engine MODS AND suspension next

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Do post pics when completed...maybe video as well.

I also relocated my markers, but went for the factory look and replaced the sideview mirrors with ones from a 2003. Then, filled in the holes on the fenders. I also shaved the antenna and relocated it to the rear bumper (Euro spec antenna). Oh, and also removed the hood MB badge. :smile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your car looks great. I have a 1998 SLK230 R170 and have been trying to find headlights like your that will fit. All of the ones I have found have a straight 4-wire connector, but my car has square connector with only 3-wires(4th position is not used). Also, my light bottom outside mount is just a slide in and two screws on top. The light I've seen have different bottom mount. Can you please tell me where to look for lights that might fit?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,085 Posts
Your car looks great. I have a 1998 SLK230 R170 and have been trying to find headlights like your that will fit. All of the ones I have found have a straight 4-wire connector, but my car has square connector with only 3-wires(4th position is not used). Also, my light bottom outside mount is just a slide in and two screws on top. The light I've seen have different bottom mount. Can you please tell me where to look for lights that might fit?

who r u asking? :D

use the 'quote' button at the bottom of any post you wish to reference or reply to or ask a question

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts