Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all

Its all my dad's fault.
When I told him I wanted to learn to drive, he said son go get a job to pay your lessons OR you drive with me in the rush hour every morning for 1 year. Then you can do your test
Being a lazy b.m I took the 2nd option especially as I really liked driving his car too, a Triumph 2000. You should've seen my mates faces when I turned up in it
So 6 cylinders I hear you say.

Well I passed my test first time, but 1 year in a 6 cylinder car ruined me for life.
The thing is they're getting rarer of course.

My avatar shows my first car (any guesses ??) and later I swapped with a mate and gained his MG Midget.
That's when I learned that the best way to get from A to B is with no roof (and no pedals)

Well its been nigh on 40 years since then and time to feel the sun on my thinning hair whilst listening to the 6 cylinder roar as I tickle the gas
No roof and 6 cyclinders that's getting tougher every year, at least here in Europe.
So I am planning to become the owner of a 2007 SLk 350. Its in great condition so if the transaction goes through I can post some pictures of my acquisition.later on.

For the moment I need to read the posts here and see how to find out from the VIN number if my the car qualifies for "issues", the ones you all know about more than likely

Once the smile is here, I'll be back

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,344 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Great R171 info:

Lube those seals:

your brochure:
Mercedes Brochure Archive

mods you should do:
smarttop

clear side markers
shorty antenna
led license plate bulbs
led parking lights
carbon fiber on the C pillars I've taken the CF Plunge...
oem windscreen or lighted/etched windscreen

My mods - See my signature block links below - also check my albums in my profile and my videos in the 'Driving Stories' section

FREE GIFT! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). If looking for a car, get the options before you buy!

FREE!! How to get a free datacard!

Thank you
Jeff
Administrator/Founding Member

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,799 Posts
Welcome from Canada 😄 🇨🇦

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,112 Posts
Welcome into the light side from Wirral, England.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, this may help.

Our forum rules:

Really useful links (thanks to ixions cataloguing)
The web site of slk-links Includes diy videos.
Spare parts: The web site of slk-links <<<Where to find part numbers

There's a link to R170/171/172's do it yourself threads below.
R170 DIYS:- SLK R170 class DIY
R171 DIYS:- SLK R171 Class DIY
R172 DIYS:- SLK R172 Class DIY

Some useful tips in this section for new Members and prospective owners.
>>>Link to new owner guides<<<

You can find your region by scrolling down the page on this link
This is where to find meets/events.

Look across the banner and you'll see three vertical dots.
Many questions answered there.
You'll also find the >>>FAQs<<<

Click the 5 horizontal lines near the banner.
Scroll down and you'll find a huge section of info.

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,070 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com from Northern California👋 ☮ 🌊

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,748 Posts
Hi from Florida and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered 2017 SL400
1,196 Posts
Welcome. In mid 60s , my dad had a maroon Triumph 2000 station wagon and a bit later my mother had a powder blue 4 door. Fabulous cars.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,085 Posts
Hi @franglais73

Is that at Wolseley I see in your Avatar?

Six cylinders is where it's at (says he with a straight-6 BMW and a V6 SLK)

Welcome to the forum from Wiltshire! Good luck with your purchase - and hope you enjoy the car!

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,037 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
483 Posts
Hello to all

Its all my dad's fault.
When I told him I wanted to learn to drive, he said son go get a job to pay your lessons OR you drive with me in the rush hour every morning for 1 year. Then you can do your test
Being a lazy b.m I took the 2nd option especially as I really liked driving his car too, a Triumph 2000. You should've seen my mates faces when I turned up in it
So 6 cylinders I hear you say.

Well I passed my test first time, but 1 year in a 6 cylinder car ruined me for life.
The thing is they're getting rarer of course.

My avatar shows my first car (any guesses ??) and later I swapped with a mate and gained his MG Midget.
That's when I learned that the best way to get from A to B is with no roof (and no pedals)

Well its been nigh on 40 years since then and time to feel the sun on my thinning hair whilst listening to the 6 cylinder roar as I tickle the gas
No roof and 6 cyclinders that's getting tougher every year, at least here in Europe.
So I am planning to become the owner of a 2007 SLk 350. Its in great condition so if the transaction goes through I can post some pictures of my acquisition.later on.

For the moment I need to read the posts here and see how to find out from the VIN number if my the car qualifies for "issues", the ones you all know about more than likely

Once the smile is here, I'll be back
A massive welcome from Sheffield Franglais, and that is a Riley Elf III....😂👍😂

Enjoy the Forum!

ATB: John.

EDIT; and BTW, I had a Frog eye Sprite! 😂😂😂

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A massive welcome from Sheffield Franglais, and that is a Riley Elf III....😂👍😂

Enjoy the Forum!

ATB: John.

EDIT; and BTW, I had a Frog eye Sprite! 😂😂😂
Yup sure enough. Always a daft b.....d when it came to being different, I had to have americans wings on t'back of my mini. And, as you will all have gathered by now, It was Bordeaux so I was a sucker that signed straight away. It had a lovely wood veneer dash, was longer than a mini (based on mini van) and a real boot lid.
Always did like Rileys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts