Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
sounds pretty strict...over here we go too far the other way though, and people are allowed to drive smoking, dangerous POS's that shouldn't be on the road...must be a middle ground somewhere..too many here think driving is a right, regardless of their car's condition....

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I agree with this in principle. What's the point of building safe cars to ever stricter regulations if drivers are going let the car fall into a state of disrepair. They endanger themselves and others.

Places more pressure on the motor trade though and opens opportunities for unscrupulous folks to fleece the motorist...

Will be interesting to see what happens.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hope Sean gets his TPMS working before his next MOT :) The thing is how will testers know what the car has fitted after manufacture ? The data cards wont tell them. and some things are not visually obvious

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I think it means if you put your car in for an MOT inspection with warning lights active on the dash, then it fails unless the item is fixed....

or you remove the bulb from that warning light ;-)

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
My guess is that part of the MOT will entail the garage plugging an OBD reader into your car and scan for faults/trouble codes. Any found that are relevant to safety systems will result in MOT failure.

Clearly if there's a ETC light showing, you'd be a bit daft to ignore it and even more daft to turn up to the MOT station and expect it to pass. Unfortunately not all faults result in a lamp showing.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Geejay obviously doesn't have a teenager who has a car.....

As in " Dad , what's that light thingy on my Dash"

"Which one Honey"

"Looks like an Oil can blinking, been doing it for a couple of days now
and it's annoying me"

WTF ! 3 litres of oil later the light went off !!!!!!

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My daughter was taught from the day she got her first car how to check Oil, Water, Washers, Tyre pressures, check lights are all working before driving off

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
So were mine ....

But number 2 is like a Welshman or a defective Computer !

Things need to be PUNCHED in TWICE.....

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Geejay obviously doesn't have a teenager who has a car.....

As in " Dad , what's that light thingy on my Dash"

"Which one Honey"

"Looks like an Oil can blinking, been doing it for a couple of days now
and it's annoying me"

WTF ! 3 litres of oil later the light went off !!!!!!
Yeah that's right, I'm a totally out-of-touch, one-foot-in-the-grave, coffin dodger that has no understanding of these things. What's a teenager??

Don't remember remember what my kids were like as teenagers or even what I had for breakfast..

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I keep opening the front door - pause - wondering - am i going in or going out ??????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts