Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an recent experience installing the standard post-2000 side skirts onto their car, covering the black painted sills? I bought the side skirts and all the bits and pieces from the dealer and have it about figured out. I think there are about 18 "connector bits" on each side to mount them. I still have to get them painted (Firemist red) so I have some time to study up, so if any of you have any advise about the order in which to successfully attach and "hang them" I would appreciate hearing it! The four underside connectors into the floor pan have me a bit stumped at the moment; but if I visit a few more dealerships with SLKs on their lots I may figure those out soon too, by climbing under the cars and checking out the connections. That has gottten me some attention from the salesmen recently! They want to know why I am lying under their cars!
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one on one to go

So, I figured them out with some help from some great e-friends. I broke one clip, so I have to go back to the dealer before I can put on the second side skirt. I really like the way they look!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,419 Posts
How about posting some pictures and a narrative of the process (tutorial)? This will help others immensely in the future. Also please post some before and after pictures too. Thanks.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,419 Posts
Thanks bazzle. This will be very helpful to our R170 owners. The German text can be translated using Google translate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.