Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Xentry (DAS) C3 system from member on this site.

Got it working, though a little fragile (drops connection from car, especially when using through Xentry), but probably user issues!

One thing I want to do with it is to "back up" the modules in the car, in case I need to replace any, for example the SAM's

Can anyone post a "how to" or "where to look" for me to do this?

Also is it possible to "damage" the car with DAS, by doing something stupid? I am a bit weary of experimenting to see what some options do, just in case.

I also have Vediamo on the laptop, but is is not activated. What benifit, if any, will this be if I can get it to work?

Thanks

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
4,677 Posts
I don't know the answer, but it's a great question about backing up data.

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
735 Posts
No, it's actually intended for engineering use. Major gain would be ability to variant code without xentry online.
This is useful for cars that use xentry like the R172, refer to the Vediamo section there for more info.

·
Registered 2011 SLK250
62 Posts
Just picked up a Xentry (DAS) C3 system from member on this site.

Got it working, though a little fragile (drops connection from car, especially when using through Xentry), but probably user issues!

One thing I want to do with it is to "back up" the modules in the car, in case I need to replace any, for example the SAM's

Can anyone post a "how to" or "where to look" for me to do this?

Also is it possible to "damage" the car with DAS, by doing something stupid? I am a bit weary of experimenting to see what some options do, just in case.

I also have Vediamo on the laptop, but is is not activated. What benifit, if any, will this be if I can get it to work?

Thanks
I have never come across the option to "backup" the controllers in a car using Xentry, but in "Developer's mode" there are options to clone the information from existing controllers to another controller. I have never tried this but it would seem possible to re-code a second hand controller in one's car using this cloning feature in "Developer's mode".

Developer's mode can be really dangerous as it allows the user to override the settings - I have used Developer's mode extensively on the W169 to "delete UK mode" (so that the temp gauge can be present instead of KPH), enable distance/fuel remaining, enable folding mirrors, enable command on the dash, etc. I even managed to download a path that allows Developer's mode to reconfigure the head unit on Command for the various Command options.

Be warn, Developer's mode is really dangerous as it will allow the user to over ride the configurations and parameters that normal Xentry cannot. I nearly bricked the ECU on my W169 when I first got it - luckily an expert user from another forum helped me to back out the changes I made to recover the ECU. Certain changes are not valid but Developer's mode will allow the user to change them regardless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts