Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New complete interior

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  kevvy 
#1 ·
Hi Guys
I am off to Bangkok next week yo get my interior done. I purchase the console and arm rest out of a 2015 C class. I am also going to mould into the dash my alpine navigator into the slk cup holder ,big job and it will look great .Also going to put leather on the dash and top of the doors . After that a new complete change of colour paint job. It will be the new colour same as the 2018 amg Designo Hyacinth red. Also changing the front grille to a later model one the the nine inch star . The paint with be Glasurit brand .

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
All nice and good, but with such an investment, one could go with an R171.
Why make an old car look new, when you can just buy a new'er' with that money?
Maybe, if you really REALLY LOVE the R170, and don't want to switch to any other model, consider getting the facelift, at least!
Or you could even consider the R170 Special Edition!
But why oh why make the car something that it isn't?

I wouldn't suggest you get an R170 AMG, just because it would be a pity to "butcher" it in this way (to put it nicely).

2015 dash, and retrofit Android navi just won't do. (not in any car, and especially not in a classy R170!)

But that's just my 2c, who am I to disagree.
Tastes should not be argued, each with their own :)

It's just that I've done something "similar".
I had the non facelift, and wanted to bring it to facelift exterior, just to then realize that I could in fact buy a facelift, which I did, and took off the nice red interior of the non face-lift and fitted it instead of the black worn-out facelift model.

Then I realized I invested so much in the R170 (just about 6k Euros, including the car price), to make it as full option as possible (which I kinda achieved), but the car sold for 2900 Euros in the end.

Was it fun? Absolutely. Was it worth it? Absolutely, but I did the entire job myself, including roaming the country for spare parts, and disassembling them from old cars myself.

P.S. Do let us know how the result looks like ;)

#4 ·
All nice and good, but with such an investment, one could go with an R171.
Why make an old car look new, when you can just buy a new'er' with that money?
Maybe, if you really REALLY LOVE the R170, and don't want to switch to any other model, consider getting the facelift, at least!
Or you could even consider the R170 Special Edition!
But why oh why make the car something that it isn't?

I wouldn't suggest you get an R170 AMG, just because it would be a pity to "butcher" it in this way (to put it nicely).

2015 dash, and retrofit Android navi just won't do. (not in any car, and especially not in a classy R170!)

But that's just my 2c, who am I to disagree.
Tastes should not be argued, each with their own :)

It's just that I've done something "similar".
I had the non facelift, and wanted to bring it to facelift exterior, just to then realize that I could in fact buy a facelift, which I did, and took off the nice red interior of the non face-lift and fitted it instead of the black worn-out facelift model.

Then I realized I invested so much in the R170 (just about 6k Euros, including the car price), to make it as full option as possible (which I kinda achieved), but the car sold for 2900 Euros in the end.

Was it fun? Absolutely. Was it worth it? Absolutely, but I did the entire job myself, including roaming the country for spare parts, and disassembling them from old cars myself.

P.S. Do let us know how the result looks like

mate,

as you said everyone to their own, and I imagine that turning an old 1938 chev sloper(aus model) into a rod is not good either .I love doing conversions to car my way .

Buy a newer one? this 170 cost me $32, 000 Australian dollars 7 years ago. import cars here in Thailand have a 300% tax on them
here is one example on today listing .

2000 Mercedes-Benz S55 AMG 5.4 W220 (ปี 99-05) Sedan - AT ...

"อุปกรณ์เสริมและอุปกรณ์ตกแต่ง" เครื่องเล่น cd, usb, กระจกไฟฟ้า, กระจกมองข้างปรับไฟฟ้า ...
1,500,000 Baht =australian dollar is about 60,000

web page .

https://www.one2car.com/en

this is Thailand not America for cheap cars .

I will post pictures when it is finished in 2 months.

#12 ·
Only now I notice that the center dash has already been modified:
Leather wrapping + the storage compartment is vertical. Interesting change. Did you do it? Or the previous owner did?

Reattached the picture, as I think it's more visible like that.

Attachments don't work for me at this time, tried with different browsers, with the same result :(

#15 ·
Only now I notice that the center dash has already been modified:
Leather wrapping + the storage compartment is vertical. Interesting change. Did you do it? Or the previous owner did?

Reattached the picture, as I think it's more visible like that.

Attachments don't work for me at this time, tried with different browsers, with the same result :(
Mate , I done this center console about a year ago . It came out of a Honda 2000 sports ,I was not happy with it , so a new one is going in . Why not buy a newer mercedes ??The 1998 slk are still selling for $30,000 plus..the new KIa stinger is selling for .....@$120,000 here in Bangkok , had one at the motor show yesterday.(picture)

pRICES OF AMG HERE

Mercedes-AMG E 63 S 4MATIC 12,790,000....baht =$402,000

Mercedes-AMG GT S 14,900,000---,,,baht = $472,000

Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster 16,800,000---....baht =$535,000

Mercedes-AMG GT 17,400,000---....baht = $566,000
as you can see the price of import cars here is just crazy .

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.