Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,846 Posts
My brother also has the new Challenger. Also found that the SLK is a little faster when passing slower cars going about 50. But that could be the driver as well. He never has been one to realy push his cars.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
What's been done to the Mach 1? i thought that model only had 300 hp? (and was quite heavy as well)?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I think its just cosmetics, under the bonnet I am betting that its just a Supped up GT.
Actually the 2003 era Mach 1 was the real deal when it came to factory upgrades. It had a beefier suspension, better brakes, and a version of the Cobra's 320hp DOHC 32V 4.6L V8 with the Mach 1 engine making more torque, at a slightly lower advertised peak HP. Saw them run high 12's at the track with just drag radials and in the hands of a good driver.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
The Mach 1 is not cometic. At a weight of 3465 lbs it can do the 1/4 mile in 13.2 secs. and go from 0 to 60 in 4.7 secs. His car has a catback exhaust and puts out 335 bhp and 320 lb ft of torque. It's a very quick car with a top speed over 150 mph. For wheels, the car has 275/40/17 in front and 315/35/17 in the rear. It can lay the rubber down. It's a relatively inexpensive muscle car.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
How can you miss them? They're so large. I was at a stoplight with one and I could barely see in.

Nice run though.
Yeah, it's definately behemoth compared to the '74 I had in high school (1982).

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Lucky dog. I had a Vega in high school.... No photos. I never saw a good reason to take one!
I had a '74 Vega one winter since my Dad made me put the Challenger away (OH salts a killer!) I didn't take any pics of it either...same reason as yours. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts