Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
Im been searching around on here but cannot find any pics of the cat fitted to my slk200

is this center box the cat .or a second resonator ?

Cat's are up front one either side attached to the exhaust manifold and two on the front of the front pipes that lead to the resonator box that's on the V6 yours be slightly different.

Regards Stuart.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ,i couldn't see any more boxes on the exhaust ,guess they are tucked away
so easiest option is to replace this box with a straight pipe ,Mines rattling away and the car sounds like a bag of marbles

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the only other box on the system (i was looking for twin pipes as id seen on other pics)
so this must be the cat and its this that seems to be rattling

Do they make a cat replacement pipe this shape for the early slk ?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,942 Posts
delete button or edit at the bottom of your post
if you just got to 15 posts, you have to wait until the system updates/refreshes for your new status

until then, what do you want deleted?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,942 Posts
Seems to be gone now thanks ,but i cant see a edit button i must not be posting enough
you must have just recently got to 15 posts
i checked your status and you now should see a 'edit' button at the bottom of your posts going forward

let me know.

i edited your previous posts to remove duplicate :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just above the cat there is a heat shield that often comes loose.....hopefully that'll be your problem, four new studs, four washers and four bolts problem sorted
Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.