Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have a Wizard carwash in Bangkok. You sit in your car throughout the wash/dry cycle. (*) It's a nice experience.

Then they hand finish the car.

Total price= @$3.50.

(*) About 10 years ago I did this same thing with my then girlfriend at midnight on New Years eve. We were both stoned. I remember saying "look at those cool brushes....and those soap bubbles." I think we ran the car through the machine three times.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Without such Car Wash my cars would have been dirty while the last 30 years ;) In Bangkok there is the first now, 2007?

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without such Car Wash my cars would have been dirty while the last 30 years ;) In Bangkok there is the first now, 2007?
Since labor is so cheap in Thailand....and since land in the city of Bangkok is relatively expensive...the use of machines for car washing (especially ones that take up a lot of space) has not been cost effective.

In this operation the car remains stationary and the machine passes over it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
We recently built the largest automated car wash in Europe (or so we advertise it haha) in one fo our retail parks, and I can safely say that the technology involved is mind blowing from what i expected.
However I do not trust these automated brushes, as they leave swirl marks on your paint, due to the bristles of the brush being durable for many many washes.
I wouldn't recommend using a machine if your vain about your paint like i am, but for a quick wash its very useful.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After Songkran everyone has to get their car washed unless they had kept it the garage for the 4 day festival. Exposed cars and people are 'blessed' with water and powder throughout the holiday.

Anyway, the Wizard carwash now has 58 branches here. It seems to be doing a steady business.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Corchscrew your slk looks great in that last photo with the boot open.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corchscrew your slk looks great in that last photo with the boot open.
Thanks. The whole SLK experience in Thailand is so unique. Since MBs are so expensive in Thailand (big tax) almost all MBs are sedans (a primary car). As there are very few SLKs they always attract a lot of attention. When I drive the S no one ever takes any notice but the SLK always turns heads. You know that a SLK is a cool car here when the kids look at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.