Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered an SLC43 AMG in the UK and have my build slot allocated for a June pickup but I still have some time to nail down the final specification. but the UK car is pretty well specified anyway, so I am only adding black Nappa Leather as I worry about the fake suede Dinamica on the main parts of the seats.

This caught my eye:
. No other way to get every option, Diamond Blue, and body-colored mirrors.
@SLKomatic

I am like SLKomatic in that I definitely do NOT want gloss black door mirrors (They are standard on the SLC43 AMG in the UK) and I DO want body colour mirrors (Brilliant Blue in my case). Gloss black looks cheap rather than more exclusive to my eye.

Body colour door mirrors is not a specified option on the UK website or the sales booklet, so do you have the option code that I can prompt my dealer with? IT makes sense for it to be a no-cost option.

Also, I do not want the ashtray/lighter combo which I think is standard in the UK for some reason and want the "no ashtray package" in order to get a bigger storage box there - does anyone know an option code for the dealer to specify this.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,378 Posts
Well done for getting Your SLC43 order in, be interested to see it when it arrives :tu:
Agree, I'd go for the Nappa Leather seats as well, which also deletes the "red ring" at the top of the steering wheel..!!

As I've been considering a R172 55AMG (that is very well spec'd) or a SLC43, but have also been put off by the "Black" door mirrors, even though every SLC brochure shows a SLC43 on the front cover with the door mirrors colour coded.!! (So the MB Marketing Team don't like the Black Mirrors either?)

But "Russ" over in the US has supplied a SLC Code: 6U6 Colour Keyed Mirrors:

Though as I'm not looking to order a SLC just yet, I haven't asked the UK MB Dealers if they can use this code in the UK?

Trev'

Attachments

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
That's interesting, never even thought about that when I ordered mine and didn't notice any way of specifying it.
As you can see from my signature pic below the mirrors are the same color as the body without me asking for it.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,378 Posts
That's interesting, never even thought about that when I ordered mine and didn't notice any way of specifying it.
As you can see from my signature pic below the mirrors are the same color as the body without me asking for it.
Yours is correct, the gloss black mirrors are standard on the SLC43.

Though interestingly this 2016 SLC43 in Iridium Silver for sale on the MB website has part colour coded door mirrors:

https://www.mercedes-benz.net/p/uk/en/used-cars/mercedes-amg-slc-43/ac36c5cb7fef2bca36c4f586b672a591

Does anyone have the UK 2016 SLC brochure (*.pdf) that they can email Me..??

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/e-brochures/slc.pdf?owda=slc+roadster

I think this was a new change for the 2018 model year which was announced sometime around October/November time and as the above brochure shows, is applicable since 1st December

I have submitted the code 6U6 and "informed" my dealer it should be a no cost option. She hasn't got back to me with the order sheet for me to confirm the spec yet, so I'll see how she manages.
I also enquired about the "no ashtray" option and this is now standard and you have to request the smokers package rather than the historic method of the ashtray/lighter being the default unless you request otherwise. There is a larger cubby space instead of an ashtray/lighter

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just checked the latest USA brochure and it's the same - "color" keyed door mirrors for all but the SLC43 AMG which gets the black.

Notwithstanding this, I stand my ground and want the "downgraded" body coloured mirrors. If my dealer says this can't be done, I will push hard and send them to find out properly but at the end, I guess I can live with black ones and get my smiles from the driving

There are loads of unpublicised options available like the ability to delete the bright red seatbelts and have standard black belts if you keep the standard interior. Depending on car colour I would probably go with something like this too if I were not opting for Nappa leather

I guess they don't want every car on the production line being TOO bespoke because it complicates things and makes keeping stock of items like the red and black seat belts more difficult to predict and control stock levels.

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
639 Posts
There are loads of unpublicised options available like the ability to delete the bright red seatbelts and have standard black belts if you keep the standard interior. Depending on car colour I would probably go with something like this too if I were not opting for Nappa leather
There is another semi-secret option, silver-colored seatbelts. I passed on that but got everything else. Got the Bengal Red trim which is mostly black, and that sounds like unneeded, tacky color noise to me. Might work with other trim combos. No pictures available that I've seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts