Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I knew I wanted to get rid of my current 280 and get something a bit bigger, and I was hankering after a AM DB9 Volante, but then I saw the fuel figures :eek:. plus for the year I wanted, I just didn't have the cash.

Then I thought about an M3 convertible, but with thier 3 part folding roof mechanism, once it's in the boot your left with enough room for a postage stamp.

So......

I just went out and bought myself a 10 month old 55 AMG :bannana: in Iridium silver metallic (see obligatory pictures)

Just got back from paying the deposit, and thought I'd let you all know..

So the options it comes with are:

Advanced Parking Guidance
Airguide
Rain-sensing wipers
Airscarf
Magic Sky Control
Luxury automatic climate control
18" AMG 10-spoke alloy wheels
Harman Kardon® Logic 7® Surround-sound system.
Heated windscreen washer system
ambient lighting
Roll-over bars with brushed aluminium inserts
Mirror package
Memory Package

I pick it up in about a week....

I'll also be listing a few items in the 'for sale section' that will be coming off my current 280, like the OEM 55 AMG front vents with claws on them, whatever the proper name for them is..

The cup holder insert where the cubby hole is, silver trim (not chrome)

and a shorty antenna, complete with internal wound aerial (as per the guide)

Cheers

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
I will enlarge your pics!

Congrats!

Post your vin if you desire a datacard

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats same wheels as my 12 plate 55 AMG only mine's Diamond White with Bengal red leather. Just need some dry roads to see what she'll do, I'm sure you'll enjoy. By the way the Aston Vantage was on my list too, but couldn't afford a new clutch every 15k miles or so at £3 grand a pop.............

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Nice Upgrade ! thanks for sharing the pics !

Enjoy.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Congratulations :tu:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Gorgeous vehicle

Beautiful auto Swagman I know you will enjoy it immensely! Keep up posted about your experiences. I love the Iridium silver!

dlomshek
Kansas in America

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Congrats, and enjoy!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Swag...what colour interior? Great car! Perhaps you'd loan it out while you're in Canada, eh?
Just standard Black Nappa, but it looks nice.. even though I'd have really liked red :):)

but as I saved £17k from new and it's only 10 months old, I'll settle for the colour the previous owner picked... lol

Loan!!, hehe. I do usually leave my car round a friends when we go away, just so somebody keeps an eye on it, I don't have a garage where I live, and it's parked on the road, so I like to know it's being kept safe.. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts