Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted on Scottsdale Road and Shea Blvd in Scottsdale, AZ yesterday at 1:30. Beautiful Brabus badged only car. I wasn't driving or I would have followed it into the shopping center it entered.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice could you tell what type Brabus it was?
Really, I could not. I'm not familiar enough with them. It just looked brand new and only had the Brabus badge on the back left. I was maybe 60 feet away from it when I spotted it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
What type? How many types are there? Brabus do levels like Roush?:confused::confused::confused: When I win the lottery, I will have to look into this more...:tu::tu: Hey Big Dan let me hold a dollar. :rb:rb:rb

D

·
0 Posts
Ah OK fair enough.

412 - They do tuner packs for each model SLK from the 200 to the 55 i was just wondering what type it was like 6.1 S or B55.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
not quite, the brabus emblem itself doesn't indicate much, it could be just brabus wheels, or some interior upgrades, or it could also be just a bodykit. Then again, it could the other extreme, full 6.1 S engine...etcetera....

·
Registered
605 Posts
not quite, the brabus emblem itself doesn't indicate much, it could be just brabus wheels, or some interior upgrades, or it could also be just a bodykit. Then again, it could the other extreme, full 6.1 S engine...etcetera....
Are these MB dealer cars like they do AMG, or are these tuner cars that start with a 55 donor car?

Wonder who sells them in the bay area... (Nor Cal)

6.1! *pant* *pant*

D

·
0 Posts
Like cyberdrakon says its not the emblem that means a lot but if your behind a proper Brabus you will know about it believe me.

There are other signs also to narrow the list down if you see 4 pipes and tinted tails along with a scream then chances are its a B55 or 6.1 thats kinda how you work it narrowing it down.

Of course some people are kind enough to put the model designation on the back making it easy, and i thank them all.

D

·
0 Posts
Are these MB dealer cars like they do AMG, or are these tuner cars that start with a 55 donor car?

Wonder who sells them in the bay area... (Nor Cal)

6.1! *pant* *pant*
Depends mate.

Brabus will supply you with a brand new car or will tune one you already own.

If you want to buy a 6.1 S via Brabus they will order an SLK55 specced as you require but without the parts they will modify, normally that means the car will be built without an engine and transmission system the car will be sent to Bottrop and Brabus will then complete it and ship it out to the dealership.

Or if you already have a 55 and want the 6.1 they will remove the existing parts and modify as much as possible but its basically a new engine so many parts are replaced, when mine was done i had to follow break in again.

For the B55 mod they can use your existing engine and modify it.

A 6.1 will set you back almost the cost of 2 55's and the B55 will leave you recovering from open wallet surgery.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was very clean...all I can say. Like bought as a Brabus and not modded. But, my MB dealer is the biggest in the US, and a Brabus partner. As such, got a private tour of an SLR 722 last week. Only 26 of these babies in the world. Back on track...I will try to track down the Barbie that was driving the Brabus rig. Stay tuned. Same Bat Channel...Same Bat Time. Or is that Same Brabus Time???

·
Registered
605 Posts
For the B55 mod they can use your existing engine and modify it.

A 6.1 will set you back almost the cost of 2 55's and the B55 will leave you recovering from open wallet surgery.
eeeeeek! Maybe I should just be happy with a 55 for now and work the ECM angle. It's so sad that years a go you went down to the local speed shop and picked up a cam, headers and a bigger carb (maybe a new intake) and you were rolling fast. Now it's like sending a kid to college for what you spend for serious go fast.

D

·
0 Posts
They really don't have a price list mate as i have said they charge per customer depending on what you want exactly.

But you're talking thousands for the B55 and tens of thousands for the 6.1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts