Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Well my Oem 10 year old battery finally died on Thursday night luckly I was just at the bottom of my drive . So fitted a oem new one (hope this a lasts 10 years) , Set the time & date etc but the hands on the clock are not reading right .

Cheers

Andy

·
*Registered
2012 SLK250 CDI
291 Posts
Hi All

Well my Oem 10 year old battery finally died on Thursday night luckly I was just at the bottom of my drive . So fitted a oem new one (hope this a lasts 10 years) , Set the time & date etc but the hands on the clock are not reading right .

Cheers

Andy
have you got satnav ? if so the time comes off that , take it out roud the block for a drive to pick up the satilites

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
otherwise if you have comand,you set it from there.

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
10 years is great going for a battery in this country. What make is your original battery and which brand did you get as a replacement?

As Jeff says if you have Comand it's set automatically from that. I remember when I took Comand out not having any option on the mfd to change it manually but Sean got my manual control back with DAS.

Hope you get it sorted soon, seems like a strange one.

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Have you set the menu (MFD) so that the analog-looking clock in instrument cluster is synchronized to COMAND?

Reactions: jbanks15

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All

No Command here , Alpine headunit . Have set time from steering wheel buttons . Have driven about 30 miles with new battery but clock still reads the wrong time

When the battery went flat the clock hands were going around the wrong way :)

Cheers

Andy

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Andy, sounds like you might need the DAS tweak that Sean did for Col (whatever that was) if you've now got an after market head unit..

I'm sure Col or Sean will be along shortly to comment further...

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
You may have to set the time and date using the steering wheel button controls and the appropriate menu in the Multi-Function Display (located between the 2 instrument cluster roundels).

·
**Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,856 Posts
Andy, sounds like you might need the DAS tweak that Sean did for Col (whatever that was) if you've now got an after market head unit..

I'm sure Col or Sean will be along shortly to comment further...
I didn't even have the menu after removing Comand. Are you setting the time then pressing the reset button on the side of the cluster. From memory the time doesn't update until you do?

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
The menu structure needs a tweak to add the clock setting menu now Andy no longer has a Comand headunit ...

Not tricky to do - we just need to catch up sometime!!

Reactions: 55russamg

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi All

OK sorted the clock it now read the correct time . You press the reset button on the side of the housing when still in the menu , simple really you just need to read what's in front of you . no command needed

Cheers

Andy

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
command? oh you mean Comand - Cockpit Management and Data system - COMAND for short
:D :D :D :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.