Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· *Registered
2014 SLK55 AMG
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Locked one recently, hope to get it soon.

Ever since my 2006 SLK 350 was gone, friends and family kept asking and I kept saying it went to in-laws🙂.

Interestingly, if you own these exotic cars (SLKs may not be quite exotic but …), people keep an eye on it and anytime, they don’t see it around, keep asking🙂.

Anyway, hoping to get my new baby in a week or two, fingers crossed! Stay tuned!

· *Registered
2014 SLK55 AMG
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last 10 years, my daily driver is a Mercedes GL 350 Bluetec, a beautiful 7 seater irridium silver SUV, still like new. If I am the first at a traffic light, by the time other people react on green light, I am half a km away🙂, don’t know how it does it, such a huge vehicle, not even AMG, always have a lot of fun with that. Never drove an AMG for real, tried friends and families but not quite for long, so can’t wait for my little SLK 55 AMG to come and try it for real🙂. My daily driver GL 350 Blutec.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

· *Registered
2004 SLK320
177 Posts
Last 10 years, my daily driver is a Mercedes GL 350 Bluetec, a beautiful 7 seater irridium silver SUV, still like new. If I am the first at a traffic light, by the time other people react on green light, I am half a km away🙂, don’t know how it does it, such a huge vehicle, not even AMG, always have a lot of fun with that. Never drove an AMG for real, tried friends and families but not quite for long, so can’t wait for my little SLK 55 AMG to come and try it for real🙂. My daily driver GL 350 Blutec. View attachment 623844
Great conversation, German Vehicles are very impressive, amazing factory’s as well, it’s not normal…or nearly human either, more alien 👽

· *Registered
2014 SLK55 AMG
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was a tough decision to make up my mind as to what to go for r171 or r172. In terms of engine and everything, both are pretty similar. Watched countless reviews and videos of both. The big dilemma was to choose between the front classic look vs little modern face, little older interior vs reasonably modern equipments. Love both for different reasons, can get only one. Either sacrifice beautiful classic front nose and get more modern back (and interior) or get classic face and sacrifice comparatively modern look and equipments, not easy to decide. Personally, have a fascination for modern day tech that is more available in r172 compared to r171. Having owned and driven r171 (2006 SLK 350), the decision became even harder because of my absolute love for r171 look, particularly, the F1 type nose🙂. Again, after watching tons of videos and reviews, finally I made a call. Make a guess what it is i finally went for before the big reveal in next week?
Vehicle cover Outerwear Tire Vehicle Sleeve

1 - 20 of 47 Posts