Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this AM. Had my wife's gorgeous 560SL totaled by a red light runner about six weeks ago. Wife has always wanted a yellow SLK, so we're looking. A convertible with a push button hardtop might be just the thing she needs. Don't need another car, but if we happen to stumble across one, we'll at least look. Was on the waiting list when they first came out, but ended up getting a '64 restored Beetle instead. Been a Mercedes guy for over twenty years. Do all of my own work on my cars. I'll so some searching for what I should look for and what I should maybe stay away from, but if any of you have any tips, please let me know. I think the newest yellow SLK's are about the '03 model year or somewhere around there.

Len
'59 220S cabriolet
'83 240D 347,000 miles original owner
'88 560SL 41,000 miles being parted out
'99 E300 turbodiesel 126,000 miles

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London via Louisiana! There were a *few* yellow R171's imported, but they are few and far between. They do look amazing, and I really don't like yellow cars. I've only seen one in person, was in Houston, TX of all places.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome sokoloff !!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Another welcome from Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17