Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was bored at work......so made a new AMG trunk emblem to replace the star....opinions??

BTW, its a "3D" type where there is a clear bubble over the emblem.

Attachments

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Was bored at work......so made a new AMG trunk emblem to replace the star....opinions??

BTW, its a "3D" type where there is a clear bubble over the emblem.
When my employees look bored at work, I tell them "pick up a broom". :)

I think it looks like a first rate job, very professional. Having said that however, I am more of a traditionalist and would probably opt for either the "original" MB badge or nothing at all. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Nice touch. Kind of like a subtle form of debadging.

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Sort of reminds me of something like the pic. below but on the rear instead of the front. These collectors badges are beautiful and you did a great job, just seems to me like it would better belong on "Classic" car. But I am starting to like it more and more after a second thought.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When my employees look bored at work, I tell them "pick up a broom". :)

I'll have to talk to the VP about being bored....but that's me! Just took 20 minutes to pull the graphics and an hour to setup the machine, so it's like a long lunch. :biglaugh:

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
I actually really like that. Would you be able to make/sell more?

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK 55 AMG
592 Posts
I like that.. Affalterbach -- home of AMG. Nice touch.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually really like that. Would you be able to make/sell more?
I could make more but on a onesy basis it would be expensive. I figured I spend at least $150 in materials just to get one. If more were interested, I would make a fixture to get the cost down in the $50 range....figure I would need about 15 people to commit.

But I'll look into the cost to see if I can really get the cost out. Gimme a week.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Did you have to remove the MB emblem and then stick this on?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have to remove the MB emblem and then stick this on?
Yes,

The star is mounted via three pegs with plastic posts. I removed mine with a plastic puddy blade in about 5 minutes. It popped right off...I think I could reuse it if needed but I really like the AMG emblem.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that the actual Affalterbach city shield or something you created.
It's the real deal...just took an image off the AMG site and cleaned it up a bit. Then setup a machine we use for aircraft parts we manufacture (a sealing process) and there it is.....

I'm currently in Iraq, but I'll be back on Sunday. I'll see what I can do about the cost next week and let folks know.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,217 Posts
r3v0,,Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under quick links when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum
Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Someone already makes those. You can get them at formymercedes.
Has anyone tried this one? I thought I read that these are not compatible with the SLK55 knob as it does not disassemble in order to install it.

As for the trunk emblem, I'm up for starting a list. Definitely interested so count me #1.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, I ordered just the emblem a few months ago and installed it on the shift knob. The included adhesive (looked like the white, double-sided foam tape used for crafts) did not create the desired effect - had the emblem sort of floating above the rest of the knob. I carefully removed the adhesive and used a dab of silicon-based adhesive to get a nice flush finish. I think it looks great and filled that blank silver space that always made me feel the shifter was incomplete (visually).

By the way, the ordering process was smooth and I received the item quickly. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, back in the office.....

I should be able to make 15 emblems on one panel, so although mine cost north of $150, I can make them for $45/ea if 15 will sign up. I'll include domestic shipping as well.

any interest?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Let's start a list (feel free to add/edit):

1. etyu

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.