Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
There's only one problem with it , there's no smoke coming off the rear tyres :grin:
Traction off , sport plus , manual , foot on the brake and give it some throttle until it breaks traction .
They are great cars , im really enjoying mine . Once you get used to it they cover ground surprisingly quickly and are great entertainment , I've no idea why they receive so much criticism in the press and on forums .

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2000 SLK320
210 Posts
Took delivery of my 2017 AMG SLC43 on Nov. 23. Having lots of fun. It's a great ride.
I'm not surprised you're having lots of fun >:D That's a beautiful car, I'm envious right now!

·
Registered 1999 SLK230-sold
15,261 Posts
Wick have been living in KC for 12 year never heard of it. :frown:

Here is an old Parts Runner ( the days before the internet) from a friend of mine " Star Motors" south of the Plaza back in the days you would see the 220 all over KC.

·
Banned
974 Posts
That's lovely, the interior a perfect foil for the red & so much better than the funereal black you could have gone for, but what is that plastic thing stuck on the boot (hood) lid? Not a sat nav aerial surely?

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,166 Posts
but what is that plastic thing stuck on the boot (hood) lid? Not a sat nav aerial surely?
Of course it is. (in an aside, don't they all have that to accomodate the nav sys? ).

On virtually all new cars I see (doesn't have to be MB), the dealer installs that as soon as it rolls off the transport. It's a really cheap install for a super profitable add-on (that he convinces the customer is really necessary).

In fact, if you're not getting nav on your new order, you have to tell them not to install the whale tail.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Of course it is. (in an aside, don't they all have that to accomodate the nav sys? ).

On virtually all new cars I see (doesn't have to be MB), the dealer installs that as soon as it rolls off the transport. It's a really cheap install for a super profitable add-on (that he convinces the customer is really necessary).

In fact, if you're not getting nav on your new order, you have to tell them not to install the whale tail.
It's actually a multipurpose antenna. In the EU it's only installed if you have the cellular data options or full phone preparation. In the US I think it's needed for the Sirius XM system. It's not obligatory for COMAND and certainly not for the standard Garmin navi preparation.

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's actually a multipurpose antenna. In the EU it's only installed if you have the cellular data options or full phone preparation. In the US I think it's needed for the Sirius XM system. It's not obligatory for COMAND and certainly not for the standard Garmin navi preparation.
That's correct. It's primarily for Sirius XM radio.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.