97,326 Posts
is this going to be a flip?
If not, then congrats! and please update your profile :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Helping SLKs in the US!

@ Yuri> Ha Ha! Pics will be up maybe later today. Want to polish her up a bit & my 320 too. Trying to talk hubby into taking them both over to the Clearwater Causeway for some pics of them together.
@Tim> Hubby says "its a secret location" LOL!
@Jeff> Yes, this will more than likely be a flip but I can already tell that hubby likes it!! A lot! If we ever find a 55 that might be really hard to pry away from him. I love the man but he is a power/speed slut. LOL!

Because its intended to be a flip I wasn't going to list it on my profile.

We've already got some replacement parts on order that are pretty minor such as the driver side mirror. The interior is in good condition and exterior is really good considering its age. Hubby did a great job in finding & landing this one!

I'm pushing for the mods of windrestrictor, smart top. Sure we will look at a performance mod for the engine as well.

If this hobby of his of flipping cars starts concentrating on SLKs then that will really make me happy to help the old SLKs out there to be refurbished and to find new loving owners!

I consider this a win for me to get hubby into the "SLK World" for his flippin fun!!
McSLK

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics of evidence

Pics or it didn't happen lol
Just to show...yes, it did happen! LOL!

Thru the palms using my best Arnie Johnson Laugh In character's voice..."Verrryyy interrresteeeng!!"

Some basic work and mods to do so hopefully these will be the "Before" pics!

Captured at Applebee's after another Florida bout of liquid sunshine!

Attachments

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
291 Posts
So it did happen lol ,,,
Sweet looking 32 .. Shame it's not on this side of the pond as I am on the hunt for one as a little project

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it did happen lol ,,,
Sweet looking 32 .. Shame it's not on this side of the pond as I am on the hunt for one as a little project
That is too bad! Hubby is already enjoying his work on it. Its in great shape just in need of some small cosmetics and then some mods. Then she'll be looking for a new SLK owner before we know it!

Have to hurry up before he falls in love again!! LOL!
McSLK

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,741 Posts
Micky, I would keep the 32 and give up the 320 any day JMHO!

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Too fearful of the foot that obviously likes the power!! :burnout:
Bound to get me in trouble!
McSLK
I went from driving my 1982 240D daily (you counted 0-60 with a calendar and it topped out at about 85 mph) to driving my SLK daily and over 7,000 miles around the country. I thought I would for sure get into trouble, but I have behaved pretty well. Though, once in Vegas someone passed me going very fast so I got the car near 120 mph before catching up to traffic and having to slow down. Car handles as well at 120 as it does at 60. Wish I could have found a road to really top it out. Got around 32 mpg this trip too, so no complaints there!

Congrats on your husband's new hobby!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.