Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cannot stand that guy Tiff so I won't be watching .
We all have people we cant stand but i can think of someone much worse he hosted a Top Gear show for a very short time but was soon replaced . >:D

Fith Gear are testing some new Mercedes perhaps mute the sound when Tiff comes on . :grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I saw this advertised over the weekend and immediately set the box to record the series, in my opinion, the best motoring program that actually reviews and compares cars, and no I don't hate Top Gear, I like that too because it is just entertaining, a bit of fun.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw this advertised over the weekend and immediately set the box to record the series, in my opinion, the best motoring program that actually reviews and compares cars, and no I don't hate Top Gear, I like that too because it is just entertaining, a bit of fun.
I think the old Top Gear veered away from reviewing cars etc etc and ended up going the entertaining route but all was pre scripted : (

Id prefer look under the bonnet type programmes and test drive and lets see the interior and the actual car would help to .

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think fifth gear is good, an old fashion car show. Some will think it's sad I know but I can admit that I kind of liked the pre-clarkson top gear (Woollard and Manson era) more than the clarkson era which was too scripted and too much about the presenters rather than the cars for my taste. Quite like wheeler dealers as well but I understand the presenters have fallen out and not working together anymore. In our world of ever increasing celeb TV entertainment shows there's a place for good old fashion knowledge sharing car shows I think.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think fifth gear is good, an old fashion car show. Some will think it's sad I know but I can admit that I kind of liked the pre-clarkson top gear (Woollard and Manson era) more than the clarkson era which was too scripted and too much about the presenters rather than the cars for my taste. Quite like wheeler dealers as well but I understand the presenters have fallen out and not working together anymore. In our world of ever increasing celeb TV entertainment shows there's a place for good old fashion knowledge sharing car shows I think.
Wheeler dealers i like but its been bought out for the usa market which is a good thing but the heavy rock music they have on these programmes drumming in the background whats that all about . :grin:

I gotta keep turning down the sound .
Seems like every programme has it .:surprise:

·
Banned
330 Posts
I refuse to watch it. Any network who'd fire a star like Jeremy Clarkson doesn't deserve my support. I might reconsider if they hired Jerry Seinfeld, George, & Kramer to host the show!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wheeler Dealers with Ed China was great as Ed explained in detail how to repair your car and even included replacing the pump motor on an SLK in one episode .Ed declined to do this new show as it detracted from the original concept which is right in my view.
Fifth gear will be worth a watch I guess .The Mr Evans , that took on Top Gear for a short while by the way , has now decided to leave the BBC radio programme to go to Virgin Radio for a reported 2 Million quid salary !!
No offence to the USA members on here but some of the motoring programmes that are exported to the UK are shocking like Street Racers etc . Why make a show about an illegal activity on public roads ?? .I do like Counting Cars as an exception as they do good work .

·
Premium Member
14,813 Posts
Ed,s own show ( Garage Revival) is not bad at all ......not quite like the original but still not bad .......kinda like my Betty.:laugh::laugh:

Do not know why C/C is in japanese or or :|

·
6007.us
2,619 Posts
I find Street Outlaws amusing. The whole concept that they spend hours on a computer tuning when a couple of hall effect triggers could eliminate wheelspin entirely is a joke.

For that matter it has been years since they used public roads, only controlled tracks and restricted/private roads are used now.

But since Justin uses a Jim Butler Pontiac I'll cut them some slack.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Tiff can REALLY drive, Clarkson rescued Top Gear from child seat testing, I like Mike Brewer but he's largely superfluous. Ed China was great but Ant whatsisname is better and Top Gear USA was good until they stopped showing it in the UK. Oh and Car SOS is very good except the lanky guy is as extremely annoying as Fuzz Townshend is extremely nice.

Maya via Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I cannot stand that guy Tiff so I won't be watching .
That twat with the blue mirror sunglasses is worse....I found the show pretty weak. That comparison between the C63S and ALFA was pointless. Would have preferred a "Stig" taking them around for a timed lap etc.

I wish the Alfas were more reliable, I'd love that Quadrifoglio in my garage!

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That twat with the blue mirror sunglasses is worse....I found the show pretty weak. That comparison between the C63S and ALFA was pointless. Would have preferred a "Stig" taking them around for a timed lap etc.

I wish the Alfas were more reliable, I'd love that Quadrifoglio in my garage!
One of the most reliablest cars ive ever owned has been an Alfa Romeo .

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess you were lucky then....I've never heard anything good about their reliability, and did a quick look around the www in the hope that the newer models were better....sadly not.

Here is one link

https://www.osv.ltd.uk/are-alfa-romeo-reliable/
Still am

What car that sits for circa 9 years primed with new fuel and can drive off no issues apart from iffy tyres . :grin:

·
Registered
316 Posts
One of the most reliablest cars ive ever owned has been an Alfa Romeo .
I second that, had several amounting to a decade of ownership and nothing went wrong, ever. Unlike every other brand (including the SLK) that I've owned in 40 years of driving. My experience is completely different to the myth of Alfa reliability.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Back to 5th Gear it was nice they went back a few years on the super cars for circa £10,000 and compare and common faults and prices that was a nice touch .

You will never please everyone and yes some presenters can annoy but will watch again besides its a car programme
Its the law . :grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts