Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
* Registered
2016 SLC 250d
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my new SLC today. The (non Mercedes) dealer delivered it to my door and took the Audi A5 Cabriolet part exchange back to the dealers, 90 miles away, brilliant service. I was a little apprehensive at first because it sounded a bit agricultural standing next to it, but as soon as I sat behind the wheel everything was good. I drove for a while in comfort mode, which was good, but after stopping to make adjustments, I suddenly remembered the different driving modes. I put it into Sport and continued driving and wow, what a difference. Ok it‘s not a sports car, nor is it meant to be, but it’s plenty fast enough for todays busy roads. Love it. Unfortunately I left my Smart Top on my last SLC so I’m going to have to buy a new one, but it’s well worth it.

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
16,371 Posts
Congratulations 😁 DId you trade your 2012 SLK200 in?

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
102,377 Posts
Ok it‘s not a sports car, nor is it meant to be

what does the S in SLC stand for then?

SLK was sportlich leight kurz” which means “sporty light short

so

SLC means sportlich leight compact/coupe

·
Super Moderator (UK)
31,546 Posts
Congratulations on your new new motor.

There are some who question a diesel sports car. Well, we have many happy smokers in the UK.
If it makes you grin, then it is a win.

·
* Registered
2016 SLC 250d
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on your new new motor.

There are some who question a diesel sports car. Well, we have many happy smokers in the UK.
If it makes you grin, then it is a win.
Couldn’t agree more and I love it!

·
Registered 2019 SLC250
38 Posts
Glad you're pleased with it. I have a 2016 250d SLC and love it too. Drove a 172 55 and was very impressed (and tempted). The fuel gauge going down as fast as the speedo was going up made me go the way I did. Shame they can't make diesels sound like the 55. Not fussed about the performance - but the noise is intoxicating.

·
Registered 2019 SLC250
38 Posts
Funny thing. I've had better cars than my SLC. Last one was a new CLS six pot. Great car and better in almost every way - except one: it wasn't as much fun. I love going out in the SLC. Don't know why; it's not very refined, isn't the most dynamically sorted of its breed. But, there's something about it that makes me just look for excuses to jump in and go for a drive. Guess a lot of you feel the same way too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts