Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video posted by the owner of the modifed BMW 335ix running in the other lane. There were two pre-production CTS-V's there doing some magazine testing and they let the BMW play R)

Following info from the BMW owner: best time for the manual CTS-V was 12.3 at 121, and 12.4 at 120 for the automatic equipped car. In the vid, the BMW driver caught the Caddy driver napping and put a massive hole shot on him, but the CTS-V caught him before the lights. Time for the Bimmer on that run was 12.7 at 110.

bmwvscaddy.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But WHAT a Caddy, talk about the ultimate sleeper! :D

P.S. it has also set the fastest time for a stock 4 door sedan running on street tires at the 'Ring. Too bad it doesn't come in a two door hard top convertible LOL!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supposedly the same engine going into the new Z/28, if that car ever sees the light of day.

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
:tu:My brother in law in Beverly hills has an older cts-v. It has some racing package added to it.??? He paid $70k for it. It was on Cadillac showroom floor roped off. He asked dealer why it was roped off and after they explained to him that it basically is a race car, he bought it. He says it is paster than anything he has driven. I drove it and all I can say is WOW! It even has that low rumble Nascar sound and is loud like a Nascar when you get on it! This ain't you dad's car anymore! He said he will let me have first shot at it when he sells it. :hail:

Slkman:tu:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first gen V with the Corvette LS6 400hp engine and 6-speed manual transmission was a bit of a bold move for Caddy, but it seems to have paid off. This new 2nd gen with it's choice of transmissions, monster motor and unheard of handling capability will bring in a whole new range of customers. No I don't want one personally, but I can certainly respect the car's abilities and where Cadillac is trying to go with this car.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
The C63 with Performance package looks more appealing to me even if it would cost more when loaded.
I tend to agree alroumi - if I were looking for a 4 door rocket, I'd really be tempted by the C63. There was a black one at the dealer last time I was there - they cranked it up and the sound is visceral!

As Clarkson says "an axe-murderer on wheels"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts