Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:td:Hello everyone.
Just picked up mu 2000 Limited Edtion SLK bought from Victorymotorcars in Houston.
When I bought the car which was advertised on eBay and according to the seller was in perfect condition and according to the salesmanager and went trough their inspection so I bought the car and being in Canada had it shipped to the border in Pembina ND where I picked it up. After the duties etc at $950 Canadian I had to have it safety inspected in my province Manitoba.
To my surprice it needed all new tires $1100 Can, a new dimming rearview mirror $209 US on eBay and a new dashboard overlay $300 Can.as the former owner had some instrument bulb replace by a backyard mecanic.
Needless to say I am very dissapointed with Victorymotorcar in Houston and their manager Robert Lean who told me when I phoned about the car the tires were in good condition and never mentioned the rearview mirror and dash.
When I drove the car from ND to my home I noticed th car was not steering well but after I replaced the tires I am happy to say it steers perfect. I replaced the mirror and ordered the plastic parts of the dash from Europe. I am happy with the car and is rustfree but not with Victorymotorcars and Robert Lean :td::td:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,521 Posts
so you are not really selling as this was posted in the slk cars for sale section. I will move to a more appropriate section then.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I'm sure you will enjoy the new car when everything is sorted out. Buying sight unseen is always a big risk. Wasn't it Ronald Regan who said "Trust but verify"?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not as stated.

I'm sure you will enjoy the new car when everything is sorted out. Buying sight unseen is always a big risk. Wasn't it Ronald Regan who said "Trust but verify"?
Yes I agree but I did buy a few cars sight unseen even from non dealers and I do realise that if you buy a used car it always need some parts or work but in this case this was supose to be a car in good shape with a safety done.
I do believe I was purposely mislead by this dealership and the owner/manager. Mr. Robert Lean.
And yes I do enjoy the car and is rustfree which most cars here ar not so next time i will check my purchase better or go down and look at the car.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Greeting from Canada.
Jacob :Beer:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with JonB. We had an Ebay business and were power sellers. You have all rights to contact EBay and have a complant issued to be resolved. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts