Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
with mother-nature. This is what I encountered while on I4 Westbound by Lakeland at around 2:00. Fortunately it waited until I got home to dump!

Attachments

·
Fanatical Member
3,417 Posts
MK....that looks like some scary stuff! Not knowing what I am looking at 'cause we don't have them out here, is that a precursor to a tornado? Now, I can't give you forewarning cause there is none.....but I can tell you when we are having an earthquake! And I would rather put up with those rather than the tornadoes of the mid-west.

·
13,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No funnel clouds! These storms usually pop up everyday in the rainy season, anywhere and at anytime, that's the best way our weather prophets describe it!

The storms frequent the east - west I4 corridor from Tampa to Orlando where the east coast sea breeze meets with the west coast sea breeze and the result...nasty looking clouds and rain. :|

·
13,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
13,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most likely nothing, they are used for storing anything you need/want protected from a hurricane (thus the dome shape). Many government/private agencies use them for large motor homes that are turned into a mobile command center complete with computers for communicating with staff and residents. After the storm the mobile command center is moved out and is used as a 24 hour home base until things get up and running.

It is completely hurricane proof.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Better not be like that on October 11...................I got plans to go to some winery and whine, wine and dine............or...is it just a friendly gathering..

Do I need to bring my own Breathalyzer?

Just kidding Mary.........looking forward..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts