Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this won't be a big deal for most. However, I don't have a lot of tunnels or the like around me.

However, today I took an exit, a very old dangerous one. I had to speed up quickly to merge, and it was like a triple bridge overpass above me. I was to the floor, with top down, and the sound was incredible. I thought I was at a Grand Prix. I can't imagine how a 55 would sound, or my car in a proper tunnel.

It was really fun though and put a big smile on my face for the day. Another joy of the SLKs I suppose.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've noticed the same with mine this summer while driving along the French Riviera (Cote d'Azur) where within 100 or 200 miles you pass through more than 50 tunnels. It was like music to my ears with top down reving the engine until redline somewhere around 7500 rpms. Anyway I have to admit, my joy went down a bit when a F430 passed me at full throttle, that was truly insane.

Alroumi , tnx. for the videos, I got really impressed of that v8 sound. :tu:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Oh just come visit me on the race track this weekend. Posche's, Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc. all full song! And my quiet little red car too. I like the quiet but yet beautifully engineered rip of the 350 as it zings to redline. It's such a QUALITY sound!

However, the best sound I everheard was a Chrysler Turbine. I'm sorry, no F1 car can stir your sole like a beautiful Ghia passing a foot by you with it's engine loping at 28,000 RPM (idle is 22,000.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts