Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2002 SLK32 AMG and im planning on buying that dual cai from Needswings and im also thinking on buying that pully saver kit from Needswings but I wanna know more about it, like what does it do for you? Does it help increase performance? Or slow you down? Basically what is it lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the dual CAI from NeedsWings and i was extremely happy with the install and performance increase of it. You could try emailing Rob if you are curious as to the in depth performance factors of the CAI.. he may have dyno sheets laying about.

I don't have the pully, so I can't comment on that one.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi I have a 2002 SLK32 AMG and im planning on buying that dual cai from Needswings and im also thinking on buying that pully saver kit from Needswings but I wanna know more about it, like what does it do for you? Does it help increase performance? Or slow you down? Basically what is it lol
Unless you have a crank pulley or a supercharger pulley there is no need for a pulley saver kit. EuroCharge is making the C3 or equivalant supercharger pulley. Rather than a pulley kit, grab the catch can. You'd be suprised how much cleaner your throttle body will be afterwards.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,223 Posts
his location in his profile says San Antonio

Attachments

·
97,223 Posts
but you updated yours so all is right with the world!!!

·
97,223 Posts
i taught at ft sam houston for the army in 79-83

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've only been here for around a year. Wife's in the military. Around 410/10 interchange?

I am off Canyon Gold Road north of Overlook Parkway. Need to hook up. You don't smoke cigars by chance?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I live around 410 and I10 lol
And yea sure, but my car is in the shop at the moment, belt popped off on me Thursday and I need a couple of new pulleys and a water pump/ thermostat and other misc. things with it :/ Im praying to god the engine didn't get messed up, since the temp got all the way hot :/
and for cigars nah I never really tried it, I do hookah though lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can't say I hold a interest in the hookah smoking, but a good cigar and a decent rum and I'm there.

I hope all's well with the diagnostics from the shop!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I guess since im only 20 I never really had a cigar lol
yea me too, but they are experts and only work on Mercedes and BMW's, so at least I know it's in good hands :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Let me know how that goes and how bad the cost is. Where's the place at / name?

I'm not much older than you at 30. Started cigars at 25. It's a love / hate bad habit, I must say.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright, and its called European Auto Werks, off of Nakoma by 281,
They keep their place spotless unlike regular mechanic shops, I would say check them out if anything goes wrong with your car

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.