Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been fighting this one for 2 years but boredom got the best of me. Installed the only aftermarket intake I know if. It is very good quality and fit. It did add to the acceleration and goes well with the tune. Here’s a photo of it
IMG_0850.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
15,272 Posts
Related (old) thread on this CAI:

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,190 Posts
Looks good! Would be good to jazz up the cam covers like someone did when they replaced their gaskets. Anyone tried crackle Hammerite? I did that once on my Triumph Stag and it looked great.

Maya~Taptalk

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually did paint mine silver when I replaced the gaskets but I had no intention of installing the intake. In think the hammered look would be great. I need to find a way to make the secondary air pump area lol better. It ruins the look.

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And for the record: it did increase the hp and tq. I had a 250 lb passenger and it lit up for quite a distance at launch. It didn’t quite do that prior. That’s the way I can verify it sans dyno testing.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,706 Posts
And for the record: it did increase the hp and tq. I had a 250 lb passenger and it lit up for quite a distance at launch. It didn’t quite do that prior. That’s the way I can verify it sans dyno testing.

My 55 was also nailed together by Dennis Specht!

As I've noted here previously, I always get a performance boost when I change my existing o/e filters. They get changed at around 8k miles and I don't live anywhere dusty, which leads me to believe that standard, these engines are gasping a little bit....

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you post a few pictures of how it mounts to the MAF?
It starts at the throttle body opening and mounts with a 45deg silicone rubber boot, then a piece of pipe (upward) that houses the re used MAF, then the T silicone rubber boot splits and out to the front on both sides with the boots, pipe and filters. The existing inlet tubes clamp to the new piping.
I hope that makes sense. The point being it starts before the MAF and has a new piece that houses it.
IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

I hope this helps. It’s from the instructions page

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 55 was also nailed together by Dennis Specht!

As I've noted here previously, I always get a performance boost when I change my existing o/e filters. They get changed at around 8k miles and I don't live anywhere dusty, which leads me to believe that standard, these engines are gasping a little bit....
That’s so true, because I could always tell when the air filters were dirty. I was running the k&n filters. This new intake has had a surprisingly noticeable effect. I don’t put much stock in them for gains but it’s definitely noticeable on this car. I’m very happy with it. Long love Dennis Specht !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts