hey guys,

what products do you recommend to clean and protect my SLK:

1- Red interior leather
2- the Dashboard

thanks

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Zaino Z9 and Z10 are what I use for my leather.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Zaino Z9 and Z10 are what I use for my leather.
ditto...then water and a clean fiber cloth for the dash. :tu: Love that fresh leather smell....MmmmMm!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Plastic parts - Meguiar's NXT
Doesn't that leave a sort of greezy residue? I find anything other a plain dusting is a dust magnet.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Was afraid of that, but no. Give it a good wipe down after applying and it's completely dry.
I don't use it on the top of the dash though, it's so shiny that the reflection in the windscreen makes it hard to see the road.....
Turtle got a matte cockpit spray for the top.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Z9 + Z10 for the leather here too.

Also, on all the other parts of the dash, I use 303 Aerospace Protectant...really good stuff, not too shiny. Highly recommended.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Same here as GhostDunks. Z9 and Z10 for the leather. Usually a clean damp microfiber cloth on the dashboard and the rear shelf, followed by dry microfiber cloth. An occasional 303, prolly every 3-4 months as needed.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I apply 303 aerospace protectant to my leather and vinyl interior surfaces. This provides UV protection of SP 40, and actually soaks into both materials, leaving no greasy residue. On the leather, On leather (and sometimes also on the vinyl) I use Malco leather conditioner. It also conditions without leaving any grease

·
19,407 Posts
Ok guys, where do I buy Zaino z9 or z10 cleaner? And does using other leather cleaners ruin the leather?
The leather cleaner and conditioner recommended by Detailers Domain is also quite good as Sulley007 has good personal experience with their products. May get 20% off before the end of the month.

That said, I had already ordered the Z9 and Z10 on line from Zainostore dot com along with other stuff in a single shipment (to simplify the different products that I use). Zaino also has an affiliate/distributor in the LA area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
guys, anybody has tried the original mercedes benz leather conditioner??? is it worth the money? any comparison with the Zaino Z10???

·
19,407 Posts
guys, anybody has tried the original mercedes benz leather conditioner??? is it worth the money? any comparison with the Zaino Z10???
The MB leather conditioner is made by Meguiar's and leaves a white residue unless you wipe with a clean dry cotton towel right after, not impressed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.