Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK 230 R170
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help required please - I Need to Locate the CAN BUS inside the Cabin of a R170 Face Lift (2001).

I know I can go to the engine compartment and connect to one of the Black Box's there.
But I would then need to go through the Bulkhead to get it to the cab - Plus a long run of wire to get it where I want it.

Would it be OK to connect to the under-dash socket with a V splitter cable so the garage can still do a diagnosis.
Also would I have to put a terminating resistor across the twisted pair wires I would end up with.

Mike

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,506 Posts
On the 98 model there are two buses, engine and interior, which devices do you need to snoop/intercept?

Z37/2 and Z37/3 are engine CAN lo and hi connector sleeves under the passenger carpet and equipment bridge.

·
Registered 2002 SLK 230 R170
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for reply
I am trying to intercept body functions. Windows, Door Locks etc.:wink:

Mike

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,506 Posts
On a 98 at least, you probably want the bus between the PSU and MFCU then - but that bus doesn't stop inside the cabin AFAIK. You could try the above engine bus but you may not see the messages you need to see.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,237 Posts
Smarttop attached under hood of R170 model.
Check the R170 Smarttop install thread for maybe some ideas

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the 98 model there are two buses, engine and interior, which devices do you need to snoop/intercept?

Z37/2 and Z37/3 are engine CAN lo and hi connector sleeves under the passenger carpet and equipment bridge.
I need to find the enginebus of my R170, do you know where i can find this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.