Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't removed the grill in 10 years and I forgot how to get it out. I removed all the top screws (only broke one 13 year old plastic tab!) but can't remember (or find on search) how the bottom edge is held in and how to get it OUT. Thanks for any help in advance!:Beer:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I still can't get the bottom edge to release, how many tabs are on that piece? Are they in the middle? I am afraid I will break the cheesy plastic grill because I have had to put too much force on it. It is 4"s away from where the bolt holes are but the bottom seems like it's glued in (I know it's not). I did push in first on the lower edge until it stops on the frame, but the "clips/tabs" did not seem to clear the edge of the bumper cover.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I had the original honeycomb on mine when I purchased her in April as well. But to be honest, I DID crack a tab trying to get it out. It did not come out willingly that's for sure. One of the boys will chime in if there is an easier way to get it out im sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the stock 320 grill looks like either a cheese grater or the blade guard on an electric shaver. If I had a new/different one to put in I would break this one out... but I am just trying to repaint this one. Thanks again. I will wait for any further input from the group.

Group?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.