Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I want to get an SLK350 strut bar. Please PM if you have one for sale.

Thank you,
Ruben

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I seriously doubt there is a "standard", since every car's strut towers and engine structure are going to be different. I went with the Wiechersstrut bar - it fits pretty well - no more cutting of the battery box like the original design.

It does make a difference, but only in about 1% of my driving! :p

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
For example, will this one fit? : CUSCO EVO 8 9 Rear Strut Bar
That is a rear strut tower bar for a Mitsubishi. I'm guessing you want a front, not a rear first of all. The rears are very hard to fit on the SLK as they have to go through the trunk from what I understand.

These bars are not standardized as UK-C200 mentioned. You need one specifically designed for the make/model. I also went with the Weichers bar that is designed for the R171. Here's a good thread on them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, actually I want the front strut bar. The rear will not benefit much if at all.

I did contact Weichers and they gave me a $280 quote for the bar. To me it just looks too expensive, since in the end of the day it is just piece of metal, nothing more.

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
I did contact Weichers and they gave me a $280 quote for the bar. To me it just looks too expensive, since in the end of the day it is just piece of metal, nothing more.
Come on, Ruben! It's not just a piece of metal, it's a piece of metal for a Mercedes! :D

I paid $250 for mine which was part of a batch imported by "a'la f1". He was able to do it cheaper by importing more than one at a time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on, Ruben! It's not just a piece of metal, it's a piece of metal for a Mercedes! :D

I paid $250 for mine which was part of a batch imported by "a'la f1". He was able to do it cheaper by importing more than one at a time.
haha, yeah, but it is not even by Mercedes :)

Is "a'la f1" still in this forum? I can't find him here.

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
Is "a'la f1" still in this forum? I can't find him here.
It's actually "a' la f1" I guess (note the space after "a'"). Here's his profile. Looks like he hasn't been active in a while though, but his mailbox was not full when I sent him an event notification last month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts