Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown:Hello SLK enthusiasts !

So, I had a little accident today. I backed into an old pickup truck that didn't see at all, and damaged my rear bumper. It's probably fixable, but I'm wondering if anyone around here knows where can I buy a replacement one. it's the one for the AMG package, Black.
Also, mine doesn't have the parking sensors... (I don't know if that came as an option or not)

Thanks a lot for the help,

Nicoshi

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,683 Posts
Ebay to start :D
any oem mb online site
MB parts of course
Breaker/salvage yards...good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,683 Posts
Well it is in your state so if you have any issues you can drive to em and beat em up! :D

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Depending on the damage to your bumper it may be quicker and not any more money - maybe even less, to have yours repaired. A good shop can do much with it. You now know what an acceptable used one will cost, now see what a good shop will charge to repair yours. In either case, your bumper will have to be removed and either one will have to be painted and then re-installed. So, the comparison is the cost difference between the $440+delivery purchase price vs the time and materials cost to repair your bumper.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
@nicoshi-

Oh, and one other item - there are no less than eight (8) different rear bumper covers listed for the 171.456 body so getting the correct one for your car can be a bit tedious (another reason to have yours repaired). If you provide your VIN we can look up the correct part number for your car and then you can compare to any used one to make sure it is, in fact, the correct bumper for your car with the options you have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@nicoshi-

Oh, and one other item - there are no less than eight (8) different rear bumper covers listed for the 171.456 body so getting the correct one for your car can be a bit tedious (another reason to have yours repaired). If you provide your VIN we can look up the correct part number for your car and then you can compare to any used one to make sure it is, in fact, the correct bumper for your car with the options you have.
I've decided to go with the repair option. 450 to get it all done and painted. and he is gonna restore the headlights for free :). Will update with pics as soon as I get it done, hopefully next week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts