Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a set of OEM wheels from a seller but these are "Remanufactured" wheels.
The condition seems not bad but things I've notice is since they're remanufactured wheels(might have been polished, repainted or etc.),
one of the AMG logo is gone, probably due the polish process. And some weird square shape stickers like stuff on the surface.

I'm concerned about buying remanufactured wheels that I don't know the history of, or reconditioning was going to be more cosmetic than structural.

Opinion? what should be a reasonable price for this set of wheels?
I can get a brand new set for $2845, they sell it for $2000 and I'm thinking to talk the price down.
Should I just go for the brand new set? (I have limited budget so..) :biglaugh:

Thanks for helping me decide!! :tu:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True that, I was planning to get a set of those from alloywheelsdirect as well but kinda in a budget tight situation, might need another two or three days to make the final decision before dropping stack of benjamin on my favorite wheels!

I do care more about safety than the cosmetic condition of the wheels, just not sure if those wheels were cosmetically or structural "reconditioned"

Indeed, with the price of $2000 I can almost get a brand new set, need some more suggestions for a reasonable price so I can reply the seller, thanks for helping!!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Offer 'em $1k. I don't like what looks like shoddy weld repairs. It's trivial to clean those up, but I'd worry about them constantly since they didn't.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about that range too, between $1000 to $1500. Too bad that I hesitate to purchase the exact same set of wheels last week while another eBay seller was selling it for $1100 (OEM used, no recondition, condition consider to be "not bad"), now it's ended.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
As Jenny said, "Run Forrest, run!!"

Wouldn't touch them with a pole myself.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Walk away, safety comes first. I'd follow Durk's advice. Save up and buy the OEM ones later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.