Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've been having a top issue. My top will not go up. I was told the motor is dead. How do I get that motor so my top will work again? Please help. Trying to keep my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought all new cylinders from top hydraulics. (Sent old ones back for core charge) I had a local shop install them for around 1000 labor. Had new headliner installed also. (10 hours shop time) Worked great but was slow operating. I then ordered a used hydraulic pump from eBay under 200.00 and had it installed for 175.00. Everything works as it should now. Wife is happy again, can raise and lower top now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im sure they do but at mercedes prices. From what ive read and researched the rebuilt cylinders are better than OEM. I took a chance on a used hydraulic pump from eBay for around 200.00 instead of 1000 plus for a rebuilt our even higher for a new one. Everything works great now. The pump was easy to get too, they only charged right at hour and half labor to install the pump. I could have probably did it myself but too hot in Louisiana to spend time in the trunk lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I stand corrected, I see where top hydraulics will rebuild the motor for around 360.00. I chose the used one on eBay it had a guarantee and was rights under 200 no shipping. if I had seen that link before I probably would have chosen the rebuilt pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts