Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 SLK 280 with the optional interior ambient lighting package.

I replaced all my interior courtesyt lights with LEDs. The T10s and the LED festoons in the roof interior lights work fine. I replaced the footwell lights with LEDs and after a few minutes of turning off the car, all the interior lights go out except for the footwell LEDs which just get dimmer. They also are dimmer and not completely out when I'm driving at night. I replaced the footwell 39mm festoon LEDs with canbus no error LEDs and they did the same thing (got dimmer and did not go completely out). I then went back and replaced with LEDs with regular 39mm festoon lamps that were originally in the car and those lights go completely off when I turn off the car.

So now I have all LEDs in the interior except for the footwell lights. Any suggestions on why the LEDs won't work as they should in the footwell lights would be appreciate.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I suspect it's because if you look closely, the incandescent lights don't go off completely either. The LED's just make it more noticeable....

Adam had the same problem in his car with the footwell LED's, unless we set the interior ambient light level to zero.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. I'm pretty sure the incandescent lights go out because I checked them in my dark garage after I re-installed them. But I'm thinking that since the LEDs only give off a couple of watts it wouldn't hurt to leave them on. On the other hand, I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't leave LEDs on for more than 16 hours.
What say you???

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a similar issue in another car and it was due to an issue with the LED not having the proper resistance. Do you have any warning lights or indicators on the dash or OBD?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a similar issue in another car and it was due to an issue with the LED not having the proper resistance. Do you have any warning lights or indicators on the dash or OBD?

Nope, nothing on the OBD or other warning lights. I'm going to try some different error free LEDs I just ordered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.