Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I need a Kleemann K-Box because in Argentina dont have a dealer.
I cant send the ECU to USA for remap.
Somebody want to sell one that fits in an SLK 200 R171 164HP?

Thanks!!

Hi
Good day

I got Kleemann & re map done in my country for about USD2000

Maybe you should contact Kleemann and maybe they can do it or

maybe you need to send your ECU to them.

It is best to get it from the Kleemaan direct if you don't have

an authorized dealer in your country.

https://www.kleemann.dk/

Thank you & have a nice day

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks... but in Argentina and south America don't have Kleemann dealers.
I will need to send them, travel to USA or buy any old k-box because if I do not the remap, the car can broken.

From Kleemann technical manager:
"
The K-Box is no longer offered- we do only ECU software with this kit now.

The ECU software is 100% required to make the engine safe. If you run the kit with stock engine software, you will damage the engine.

You can certainly buy the kit without software, however the price does not change, and we will not offer any kind of warranty on the parts if you do not do the ECU software.

I cannot and will not send our software via email. Our software is highly proprietary and it is also encrypted- all ECU’s must be sent to me for programming.

I cannot sell you a mapped ECU as all ECU’s have to be coded to the VIN number of the car by the Mercedes-Benz dealer. I’m afraid this is just not possible."

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Hi, thanks... but in Argentina and south America don't have Kleemann dealers.
I will need to send them, travel to USA or buy any old k-box because if I do not the remap, the car can broken.

From Kleemann technical manager:
"
The K-Box is no longer offered- we do only ECU software with this kit now.

The ECU software is 100% required to make the engine safe. If you run the kit with stock engine software, you will damage the engine.

You can certainly buy the kit without software, however the price does not change, and we will not offer any kind of warranty on the parts if you do not do the ECU software.

I cannot and will not send our software via email. Our software is highly proprietary and it is also encrypted- all ECU’s must be sent to me for programming.

I cannot sell you a mapped ECU as all ECU’s have to be coded to the VIN number of the car by the Mercedes-Benz dealer. I’m afraid this is just not possible."

Hi

Good day.

This is what happened in my case.

The authorized dealer have to wait for the software from Kleemann
and my car Vin number was send to Kleemann a day earlier.

They do NOT have ready software.

Once the software arrived via email, I was told it must be downloaded within 24 hours.
All done within a day including installing the kit.

In your case, I think it would be best to send the ECU to

Kleemann for remap if you buy the kit.

Thank you & have a nice day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts