Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on a mystery...

I ordered a grommet from the MB dealer, A1409975481. Its just a rubber grommet. Now I can't figure out where I got that part number from, and the context of it..

Before I took a break, I was making plans to add a bumper antenna to boost my radio reception, so I'm pretty sure thats why I ordered the grommet, so I could mount the antenna into the bumper and then route the antenna back to the antenna amplifier.

think I was using a WIS doc AZ82.70-P-0009-02VV(which is for retrofitting a GSM antenna) as a guide(I have it printed out for some reason), and there's a mention in there to "install antenna line through additionally ordered grommet", so I think thats where I got the idea to order the grommet.

But for the life of me, I can't see any reference to that particular product number..and when I search EPC for that number, it says its for the R170...

Anyone know or able to figure out if this particular part can fit into the R171? Or give me the part number of the grommet that a preinstalled Parktronic system rear bumper wire harness is routed through for a R171?

I really should finish my mods before I forget what I'm doing...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm...tried playing around with WIS a bit more, and think I found the document that referenced the part number(az82.70-p-0110v), titled "Retrofit telephone antenna", and this is the document that leads to the doc I already had printed out.

Lists that part number A 140 997 54 81, as a grommet to be used for leading the telephone antenna back through the bumper. Strange that when I searched for that part in EPC, it lists it as a R170 part.... oh well, I guess I'll find out once I take the rear bumper off, hopefully I can find where the grommet goes and hope it fits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.