Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my problem... So I keep the original MB slk 320 radio and 6 cd changer in the trunk OR get a nice after market radio with single cd in dash and i=music and I-pod arg jack and be Bluetooth for my cell phone and be hands free? What should I do.

Need answer ASAP Help... Have to make up my mind real soon .

jnc1948

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
902 Posts
If you plan to resell, you may want to keep it as original as possible. I kept my 2004 SL-class original and it drove me nuts that I couldnt play anything other than 6 CDs so I traded it in for a 2012 SLK last week. Havent looked back since.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's my problem... So I keep the original MB slk 320 radio and 6 cd changer in the trunk OR get a nice after market radio with single cd in dash and i=music and I-pod arg jack and be Bluetooth for my cell phone and be hands free? What should I do.

Need answer ASAP Help... Have to make up my mind real soon .

jnc1948
When my trunk cd changer broke, I got a kenwood x996 and replaced the head unit. Since adding XM to the car, the Kenwood would play different sources at different volumes and xm full blast was like 75% the volume of the radio and bluetooth. Changed to a Pioneer deh-X9600BHS which is SLA controls and all the volumes are now even. The sound quality also blows away the stock radio. Crisper highs. The build quality is also much better. Took me 20 minutes to soder radio to wiring harness and then 3-4 minutes to remove old radio and plug and play in the new radio. This is the wiring harness you need to plug and play the new radio in http://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-1786...ness+for+Rover/Merc/Saa+99-04+Amp+Integration

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Radio is working AOK now and 6 CD changer in the trunk also working and the sounds is not that bad... Dealer finally from a code that would work..... All is fine now..

Thanks

jnc1948

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.