Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still new to the forums so bare with me! Im working on fixing a 2001 slk320 that we bought wrecked and I have a few issues that need taken care of. The biggest issue right now is the transmission. Over winter, my garage was broken into and they cut all the radiators out of all the cars. I was able to replace the radiator and condenser in the slk but I lost a bunch of automatic transmission fluid. It wouldnt be a problem but there is no tranny dipstick and I dont know how much to put in it.

The car has a few warning lights on such as the check engine, brake pads, SRS, ABS, BRAKE, and the BAS ESP light.

I ran the codes and got the following:
U0500 (wheel speed sensor)
U0900 (clutch actuator circuit)
P0720 (output shaft speed sensor)
P0600 (CAN data bus)

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure how much fluid I lost though. Is the best bet to buy a dipstick or take it to the dealership?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Since I don't know what you look like, I'd prefer not to "bare" with you at this time. :)

Sounds like an excellent time to service the transmission, i.e. new filter and gasket. There is a separate dipstick available for measuring the ATF level. You don't want to guess at it. It is very sensitive. The dipstick can be bought from the dealer or on e-bay - cost about $30 on e-bay. Or I can send you a photo of the end of the dipstick so you can make your own.

Wait - I found a photo of it online.

W210 Homemade dipstick for 722.6 transmission - Page 2 - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Len

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
15 Posts
Codes U0500 & U0900

Im still new to the forums so bare with me! Im working on fixing a 2001 slk320 that we bought wrecked and I have a few issues that need taken care of. The biggest issue right now is the transmission. Over winter, my garage was broken into and they cut all the radiators out of all the cars. I was able to replace the radiator and condenser in the slk but I lost a bunch of automatic transmission fluid. It wouldnt be a problem but there is no tranny dipstick and I dont know how much to put in it.

The car has a few warning lights on such as the check engine, brake pads, SRS, ABS, BRAKE, and the BAS ESP light.

I ran the codes and got the following:
U0500 (wheel speed sensor)
U0900 (clutch actuator circuit)
P0720 (output shaft speed sensor)
P0600 (CAN data bus)
I also have a 2001 SLK320 and I am getting the following two codes: U0500 & U0900. There isn't much information on the internet about the two codes. In fact they seem to show up on other European Cars on a regular basis. I find them on other forums, but nobody ever has a good response for them.

Does anyone here have any suggestions why they are faulting and what needs to be repaired?

Thank you,
Alec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.