Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just delivered a jack pad to a buddy for his TT. It was a machined aluminum piece that fits in an underbody groove, just like the SLK, but unfortunately a bit longer (no puns). The pad is round to fit into a normal "home" hydraulic lift.

He said he could do a run for the SLK, cost would be about $35. Shoot me a pm if you like

PS is the insert/pad the same for the 170 and 171?

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
have one for the 171 but what bothers me is if the cars goes on to a workshop lift where do they locate the arms. You need 4 of the things and make sure they use them :(

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
It hadnt occurred to me before. My Indy works on high value cars and I havent seen any damage to the jacking points so either he has blocks or something. I will ask next time I go in ) That price you quote is good

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Fred at Reverse Logic provides jack pads at a reasonable proce for SLKs and other cars as well. Purchased one some time ago and I was amazed at the craftsmanship. It has spring loaded pins that allow the pad to stay secure on the car while the jack ascends to capture it.....quite nifty. Every SLK owner should have some type of pad to avaiod damaging the jack points. Link to Fred's site below........

Jack Pad Tools, Lug Bolt Guide Tools, Jack Stands and Race Ramps for DIY Auto Maintenance

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
You guys are probably already aware of this company's offerings, but thought I'd post it anyway for the thread. They are more expensive that your guy's offering, but it does show that the other Mercs are similar but maybe not the same.

Still pretty pricey.

Jack Pad Tools for BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan GT-R

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Missed it by THAT MUCH ! ! !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.