Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about replacing my Vredestein Sessentas with Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. I heard they are great in dry conditions but kind of scary in wet. Although we get maybe 20 days a year of rain here in Vegas so maybe I'll take the plunge! Give me some feedback please!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Mine has the Pilot Sport and its fantastic! Another model that you can consider is the Bridgestone Potenza RE 50A.

Personally wouldn´t go for those Michelin cup because in wet they are infective.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Really expensive to run pilot cups so unless you really really want top dry weather grip then leave it, also once you have tried them its hard to go back. I would say michelin pilot 2 seeing you have little rain, UK is the other way round so I recommend and run goodyear assymetric f1.

D

·
0 Posts
Very nice grippy tire we use them on the CSL's, will last about 30 seconds on a 55 (i've tried).

Unless you crap fifty dollar bill's then you won't want to use them.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Have you considered the Michelin PS2 (Pilot Sport 2) tires? They are not as sticky as the ones you're considering, but they work reasonably well in the rain, provide a quiet and comfortable ride and they provide a good amount of lateral grip. Oh yeah... and they'll last a lot longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.