Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I like badges and take pride in earning the right to mark a car when the badge is earned, but in this case I'm having some difficulty in deciding what to do. I've added a Renntech supercharger and headers to my car, so obviously the kid inside wants to announce it to the world that big things have happened to the car and recognition is warranted. The announcement however needs to be clear and concise IMHO, so a little extra consideration is needed.

I have a set of Renntech badges for the rear and side front fenders, but what does that tell the layman? ON the other hand, what about the bad ass V8 Compressor emblems that come stock on other AMG's?

What would you do?????? Do I install the Renntech emblems that are vague and could indicate work as simple as a 20HP tune, or the V8 Compressor emblems that better state what's going on and that the car is nothing to be taken lightly? Please disregard the "sleeper" angle if you don't mind. I'd prefer bystanders to know what's going on at a car show or track day to spark fun conversations.

Anyway, hit me up with your suggestions of which you'd go with or what combination of both.

No post about emblems/badges is complete without the following pic.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,945 Posts
Well since you have modded the car you can display the Renntech badges etc

But its seems like its in your face the size of the boot badge ?

Could you not leave AMG badge in place with a slim line Renntech badge underneath on the boot lid . [ the silver slimline version or smaller lettering one ]

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
3,303 Posts
Or put no badges on and make it as a ‘sleeper’ then go play with the supercars.
Videos will soon appear on social media and you can keep it in a shroud of mystery as to what has been done to it.
I always like the YouTube video when a basically stock looking Supra plays with the super cars and leaves them for dust.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,189 Posts
Put what I have on the side of the front fender

V8 AMG

V8 for those that would doubt a V8 fits in our little body

and AMG for what it is

·
94,189 Posts
Don't like your angle...sorry
i had it at that angle to begin and it looked like it was sucking up the road
Mine is level with the ground

Kompressor....no one unless a car person...knows what a kompressor is to be honest

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
Grip I am in the same boat. I am also leaning towards the V8 Kompressor badges. It is a V8 Kompressor, just aftermarket. You aren't lying about anything so go for it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I really like the V8 AMG badges also versus the RennTech on the fenders, but I'm still a bigger fan of the V8 Compressor badges there I believe. Maybe a small RennTech badge on the rear under AMG as was suggested would do the trick and have some RennTech bling on the car. I think I'll get one of the V8 Compressor badges and see what I think of it. If I like it, I'll start with set of those on the fenders and go from there.

·
94,189 Posts
Take a survey of people on the street

ask them if they know what a compressor/kompressor is

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take a survey of people on the street

ask them if they know what a compressor/kompressor is
My guess is 1% of females and maybe 10% of men on the planet would be my guess, but I think around 65% of car enthusiasts would know. The emblems are only $10 a set shipped to my door, so why not give them a shot.

·
94,189 Posts
My guess is 1% of females and maybe 10% of men on the planet would be my guess, but I think around 65% of car enthusiasts would know. The emblems are only $10 a set shipped to my door, so why not give them a shot.
for $10, they are crap

my V8 AMG, oem mb part was $55

you will get non chrome piece for $10

·
94,189 Posts
They're just for mockup. If I like them I'll go with the big dollar ones.
you can do what you want, but i would have put that $10 to a real set :D
You must be rich to throw $ away :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts