Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I hope this is the right place to post my question...
I am looking forward to buy a SLK 230. I have two options to choose from, since there is a limited number of those cars where I live.

Option 1:
S.L.K. 230 Kompressor KabrioleT Year 2000, manual transmission, has 105,000 miles on it!

Option 2:
S.L.K. 230 Kompressor Year 1997, automatic transmission , has 115,000 miles on it!

These what I can afford...I would really appreciate an advice from anyone. Since both of them have a very high milage on them. What should I expect if I buy one of these cars?Any well known problems?Many visits to Mercedes?Differences between the 1997 and 200 models in reliability??

If this not the place to post my questions, I appreciate directing me to the right place.

Thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,372 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location.

knowledgeable members will post shortly.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Newer, less miles, and a manual transmission would be my first choice. Key is pricing between the two. Any previous damage, repainting, etc., to either? Can you verify with documentation any service work? I would assume the same procedures for buying any used car. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant find any other in better situation. They are so few. I am only worried about reliability issues...Like well known problems that most of the owners of these models faced...

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.