Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can help me dig up a part # for a rubber plug. If I am standing infront of my car with the hood open, looking to the right side of the engine on the innerfender there's the big resistor looking thing (blower motor resistor?). Anyway, behind that resistor is a black plug that fills a hole in the sheet metal - I need the part # for that black plug, mine dried out and went missing, the dealer isn't competent enough to order me a new one unless I supply the part #.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
can you post a picture?
also your vin number to get into epc and look at your model

·
97,411 Posts
do you see the part here?

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VIN is: WDBKK65F41F207636

It's not in the diagram you posted. It's actually on the metal inner fender itself, not on the engine. It's just a rubber plug whose only purpose is to keep dirt and dust out of the engine bay. I am at work and don't have a picture with me, I'll try to remember to take one tonight.

I can't even seem to find a decent picture of the area on google.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
can you post a picture?
also your vin number to get into epc and look at your model
Agree with Jeff, a picture of the area would be more helpful to get the correct part # for you :) I have R170 and also have in the inner fender but never had a plug in there... But may be we're talking about different things, so post a pic and we'll help you out!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
97,411 Posts
inner fender over wheel well or closer to the front? we will wait for photo

·
97,411 Posts
part 60? we will wait for your pic

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey. Sorry for the delay, in the process of moving, so everything is everywhere right now.
Here's a couple pics with an arrow pointing to the hole that used to be filled by the plug I am now looking for:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hey. Sorry for the delay, in the process of moving, so everything is everywhere right now.
Here's a couple pics with an arrow pointing to the hole that used to be filled by the plug I am now looking for:
Yes, that what I was thinking about. I can't locate it in the EPC... Found the same diagram as Jeff but can't see it. I'll have more time tomorrow.
Mine also didn't have a plug in there. Are you sure it was there? I just routed the air hose through this hole and didn't need plug anyway. I'll definitely post if I find it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, there was a plug in there for sure. It had some dirt on it, so I was wiping it and it just kinda disintegrated.
I might have to go to a hardware store or something and find some other kinda plug to fit in there....as long as it's black. I just don't like the idea of dirt coming in through the hole.

·
97,411 Posts
part 150
a1239870444
expansion plug rear inside left wheelhouse 32mm

can you measure your opening?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will measure the opening tonight and report back.

It doesn't look like the picture Jayson posted...It was kinda hollowed out in the center, like #'s 70, 120 & 160....I am betting it's one of those.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I will measure the opening tonight and report back.

It doesn't look like the picture Jayson posted...It was kinda hollowed out in the center, like #'s 70, 120 & 160....I am betting it's one of those.
Ok, here are the part numbers and pictures I could find on the internet:

# 70: A2029970086 "Stop plug 22.5mm front left"

# 120: A0089979881 "Between Vehicle lifter support and side wall, 30mm"
# 160: A1109870744 "Expansion plug at floor, rear, 34mm

·
97,411 Posts
It will be my pick 32mm

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, you guys are too much....Thanks a lot, the help is greatly appreciated. I'll measure the hole and take this list with me to the dealer. With that we should be able to find something that'll work.
After studying the pdf at little, I am leaning towards plug #80

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
The techies here are second to none this for sure.
...and to think it is only a question about a single rubber plug/grommet in one specific place inside the engine compartment.

Totally awesome :tu:

Reactions: JaysonM
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.