Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to use a different light unit in the trunk/boot as mine has fallen to pieces and even second hand from a breakers yard they want £43. Its a very poor cheap plastic unit and not worth what people are charging for them.
So if anyone knows of a fix so i can get light in my trunk please let me know.

Dave :)

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
Check out ebay there's allways a few parting out ! If you can post the size , length and width , I could check if it's the same as the one on the r171 or the glove box or another of my cars , to broaden your search !
For example you could get in touch with these guys to get the dimensions , you never know it might fit !
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-COURTESY-DOOR-Light-For-Mercedes-Benz-W203-C-Class-SLK-CLK-Maybach-Viano-SLR-/170863345196?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c83fbe2c

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Surly they will mail it to you. You do have UPS over there don't you. Don't know what shipping cost but it can be that much on something that small. I get items from Japan and other areas and shipping it not that mush it just takes about two weeks to get it. :usa:

·
10,745 Posts
Their web page doesn't seem to offer shipping outside of the US !
Perhaps if you contact them by email they can sort it out !

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out ebay there's allways a few parting out ! If you can post the size , length and width , I could check if it's the same as the one on the r171 or the glove box or another of my cars , to broaden your search !
For example you could get in touch with these guys to get the dimensions , you never know it might fit !
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-COURTESY-DOOR-Light-For-Mercedes-Benz-W203-C-Class-SLK-CLK-Maybach-Viano-SLR-/170863345196?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c83fbe2c
Ive measured its 6.5cm by 3cm im sure somewhere another make of car probably has one that size or near the trouble is finding it :confused:

Dave

·
10,745 Posts
The total size of the boot one from the r171 is also that size , but dome shaped ! The identation on the bottom of the door card leads me to believe they would also be of similar size , try contacting the seller of the previous link to see if they can confirm .
Ideally if the seller from the US won't post , some kind soul from the states could organise the buy and post it on to you ???

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Contact the seller and if they want ship it to you, let me know if they want I will try to help you out. :usa: :sBannana2
It looks like the CLK uses the same Lamp so ill try looking over here for one from those does seem strange that they very inexpensive in the states but so expensive here thanks for the help.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.