Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mines water damaged and I'm having trouble finding another one.

I tried ASV Euro Spares but they don't have one.

Can anyone help me out? Or know of a place that can.

The part number is 1708000148

Thanks Heaps.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Try MB sales and service I have used them and found them OK
PHONE
From Canberra and surrounds, 6239 1099
From within Australia, 1300 787 300 for the cost of a local call.
From outside Australia, +61 2 62391099
FAX
From within Australia, 02 6280 4596
From Outside Australia, +61 2 6280 4596
BY SNAIL MAIL
M.B Spares and Service
14-16 Lyell St
Fyshwick ACT 2609
Australia :Beer:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks guys!!

I'll try call that number tomorrow!

The one on eBay says its for 01 02 03 and the numbers slightly different, same with pelican parts.
I was told the number is specific for this part from the guy at ASV euro spares meaning it has to be the same according to him. Can anyone shed some light I this?

Thanks heaps guys!

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Oh, and when you have replaced the PSE (name for the central locking pump) then there are some on here who are interested in starting repairs, etc.
Though shipping from the far side of the world may temper the excitement!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks heaps guys ill try the 348 number! Fingers crossed! And will be sure not to toss out the damaged one with that info! Thanks guys

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey so today I called that MB sales and services, unfortunately they didn't have a PSE unless I wanted to pay $1200 for a brand new one from Germany (nup noooo thanks!) but he gave me some good info, that the part number doesn't have to be the exact same, that the last few numbers change as the parts are updated (or something similar) and that my one is no longer made.

So I'm going to try eBay one!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: bought one from eBay from the U.S, $584AUD!! Damn present exchange rate! And booked my car in for 3 weeks time in case my D.i.y install doesn't work or if my key needs to be re coded to the car or something like that, that I've read people have had to do! But I'll let you's know!!!

Thanks all!!

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Good luck with the install; should be easy enough.
Your key should not need recoding; the module with the code is in a different place.
The only issue is likely to be with the three pneumatic hoses; if you select partial opening, you will have to have the correct tubes connected to the correct outlets. (Single shot opening will open all, and not car which is connected to which) Not hard; once you've got the partial opening active, swap each one in turn until the one tube for the "still locked items" is connected to the outlet for the "not yet unlocked outlet".

You mentioned that you didn't have any moisture; remarkable, and really good news. However, being a pessimist, there is a mod whereby you slightly extend the tubes so the PSE can be mounted with the flat surface (containing the electronics) upwards, so any leakage or pump condensation does not fall on the electronics. Do this after you've got your locks working OK, so there is no confusion in case things don't work.

Happy "spannering"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey was a while ago now and ive sold the car but yeah it worked.

Pretty sure i had the dealer install it upside down and central locking worked again. sold the car shortly after lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts