Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a trunk lock problem. Diagnosed as locking bar spring return issue. Pulled lock bar to lube spring and connections. Started to rain, closed the lid. You know the rest, latch locked, no connection to key lock. I Bought an E-bay replacement latch so I have the latch dimensions. I need the exact vertical height from the trunk lower lip (below the license plate) to the interior horizontal sheet metal the latch attaches to at the latch bottom.
I want to drill a 1/4" or so hole behind the license plate to insert a rod and trigger the latch to open.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,921 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but

The lock to latch connection bar is out. There is no connection between the lock and lock latch.
The top drop sequence will start but the hydraulics must be bad as the trunk will not start to tilt back from the rear window.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,921 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,598 Posts
Well this is a fine mess to get into. I had mine stripped down almost exactly the same for paint rectification issues just recently and was terrified of just that happening, I put copious amounts of masking tape over both parts to avoid it.

I do know that the pref-FL and the post-FL are put together differently as regards the boot locking and catch mechanism, will require more looking into ..

·
1,598 Posts
Thanks, but

The lock to latch connection bar is out. There is no connection between the lock and lock latch.
The top drop sequence will start but the hydraulics must be bad as the trunk will not start to tilt back from the rear window.
I'm guessing that the roof wont open because the luggage cover hasn't been pulled out, hence the microswitch in the boot hasn't been closed?
IF that's the case, THIS might help.

·
1,598 Posts
@efair

Was going to say that you'd know more about jumpering that S69/10 that bazzle mentions IF OP has indeed not rolled the cover across

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
4,685 Posts
@efair

Was going to say that you'd know more about jumpering that S69/10 that bazzle mentions IF OP has indeed not rolled the cover across
The light would flash and the pump wouldn't run if the luggage blind wasn't in place. Is that happening here?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have you sorted it?
If not I can point you at the trigger wire to make the car think the cover is pulled in the boot.
It is a grey and purple traced wire in the box on the left side, behind the battery.
What area are you. Can talk you through it.
Message me.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,110 Posts
Have you sorted it?
If not I can point you at the trigger wire to make the car think the cover is pulled in the boot.
It is a grey and purple traced wire in the box on the left side, behind the battery.
What area are you. Can talk you through it.
Message me.
OP is in USA, New Orleans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts