Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK280
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant stand it when things dont work or dont work properly!, it doesnt matter how small or unimportant. To that end i am trying to make my car as pristine as possible.
Latest success was to find a Auto trimmer who can repair drivers side seat, did great job, even had red leather to match perfectly. Full seat out, strip seat, repair, refit. All done in 48 hours £240. Today went shopping, very cold but bright and sunny so gotta have roof off. I always press the neckscarf button as a matter of habit knowing operating lights will come on and immediatly go out! (I have read all threads re difficulty in repairing failing motors and wiring probs in the seat back) so this is the only outstanding issue i have.....until today!!
The neck scarf now works beautifully, i couldnt understand it as it has never worked since i owned two years back? Then i suddenly remembered Auto trimmer!
I have called him but he is away for a few days, i can only assume that he has re connected a wire or connector or something, nothing was mentioned when i picked the car up?
I will report back after i speak to him as others may have same problem that may be more easily fixed than thought.
Best wishes Garry warm lobes!

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
38,660 Posts
@Gazchaz
If you are happy with their work then worth recommending for other SW members.
To recommend go here and start a new thread. I will then add to the main list.

Please include:
Company name,
Location,
Phone number
Website
If possible.

The best recommendations are those by fellow members.

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK280
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Gazchaz
If you are happy with their work then worth recommending for other SW members.
To recommend go here and start a new thread. I will then add to the main list.

Please include:
Company name,
Location,
Phone number
Website
If possible.

The best recommendations are those by fellow members.
i have posted details.(y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts