1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One week to go - still time to join us.

Len

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The NC/SC SLK Group met today - 11 SLK's, one 190SL and 22 people. We took a nice cruise through the countryside followed by a lunch at a local seafood restaurant.

Len

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lunch is about to be served.

Len

Attachments

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Great looking group. People look good, too!:biglaugh:

Even though we are somewhat removed from any group or club, we plan to make some of the meets and tours.

Looks like all had a good time

Rick

·
Banned
51 Posts
Nice pics. Lovely 190, too. Interesting that 3 of 11 were yellow. What are the odds of that? I think a Fall meet in the mountains of WNC [Boone/Blowing Rock end with a Parkway ride, or Cashiers/Highlands, Parkway Brevard/Asheville segment] would be great fun for Carolinians and Atlantans. I've seen miatas groups make the Chehala [sp?] Skyway loop on the far western NC/TN border, but that might be too far for the coastal Carolinians. Whaddaya think?

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Nice pics. Lovely 190, too. Interesting that 3 of 11 were yellow. What are the odds of that? I think a Fall meet in the mountains of WNC [Boone/Blowing Rock end with a Parkway ride, or Cashiers/Highlands, Parkway Brevard/Asheville segment] would be great fun for Carolinians and Atlantans. I've seen miatas groups make the Chehala [sp?] Skyway loop on the far western NC/TN border, but that might be too far for the coastal Carolinians. Whaddaya think?
Some of us on the coast have talked about a mountian/upstate meet. Need someone to plan it out. Date and route, and lunch. Some might wish to spend a night and a possible list of places to stay that would be near the location of the meet. Really not had to do for someone who lives in the west of the Carolinas. You like to go for it? Len will email the members of the NC/SC group, just email him.

·
Banned
51 Posts
I'll give potential routes/meet spots some thoughts. We are planning to be in the Boone area in mid-November for a football game, but that's long after the peak leaf/weather season, which is when a top-down cruise on the Blue Ridge Parkway over the Linville Gorge viaduct would be most fun. Blowing Rock would be a good meet-spot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts