Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our NC/SC Group plans to get together again on November 12. We will be touring the brand new dealership in Myrtle Beach and getting a behind the scenes look at this state of the art facility. If interested in joining our group, contact me off-list at [email protected].

Len

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
We are down to 6 days until we meet again. So far most will meet in North Myrtle Beach and cruise down to the Myrtle Beach dealer's new location for a tour. Weather forecast is sunny and 65 degrees.

If you are coming please email Len at [email protected] by Thursday so he can advise the dealer how many to plan on being there. You can either cruise down with a group or just meet us there.

Hope to see you Saturday.

Chuck

·
Banned
51 Posts
Sounds like a great event, but the better half and I will be watching Furman defeat Elon and qualify for the FCS playoffs in Greenville, SC, instead. While the SLK would be great fun to drive up for that event, its' not much of a tailgating hauler, so this will be a truck trip. A dealer service dept. tour is a great idea for a get-together. Len S was gracious enough to loan me a specialty tool for a project on our old E300 diesel and would like to thank him in person.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Sounds like a great event, but the better half and I will be watching Furman defeat Elon and qualify for the FCS playoffs in Greenville, SC, instead. While the SLK would be great fun to drive up for that event, its' not much of a tailgating hauler, so this will be a truck trip. A dealer service dept. tour is a great idea for a get-together. Len S was gracious enough to loan me a specialty tool for a project on our old E300 diesel and would like to thank him in person.

We will most likely meet again in late winter or early spring, late Feb or early March. Maybe you can make it then. Send Len a note to add you to our email list for future meets. Name and better half name, year and model and location.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About 26 of us met at the Mercedes dealership in Myrtle Beach today. There were about 14 SLK’s there – seven of us caravanned down together while the other seven met us there. We were given a tour of the facility by the general manager and the lead mechanic. We also were shown a demonstration of the paintless dent removal process by the Dent Wizard in Myrtle Beach. A nice barbeque lunch was provided for us by the dealership. Our discount program was clarified a bit by the general manager. Our discount is 15% off of parts prices and $9 off of the hourly labor rate. Just mention our group discount when you first take your car in for service. Chuck has membership cards available if you need one.

See attached for a few photos.

Our next event will most likely not occur until 2012. If any of you want to plan an event, please let me or Chuck know.

Len

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another nice shot that one of our members took.

Len

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,842 Posts
Richard, if you would like you can go to the new members section of the forum and welcome about 15 new members. This will give you the post required to send a PM to sokoloff (Len). Looks like he may be the keeper of the NC/SC Group membership.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richard is one of us now.

Len

1 - 10 of 10 Posts